Might RMA Sony A8H for LG C9/CX--but how's the LG eARC support?

sebvance

Novice Member
Reaction score
Based on the experiences here, some of which are mine, I might need to RMA my Sony A8H and replace it with an LG equivalent. For those of you using LG C9s and CXs with eARC, how have you found the compatibility with Denon receivers? Can the LG reliably switch the Denon to Atmos mode with eARC enabled? If so, what type of cable are you using? Aside from enabling eARC in the LG, did you have to set any specific settings on either end to make it work well?

I have to wonder if eARC works reliably for anyone, and if so, with what equipment...

Based on the experiences here, some of which are mine, I might need to RMA my Sony A8H and replace it with an LG equivalent. For those of you using LG C9s and CXs with eARC, how have you found the compatibility with Denon receivers? Can the LG reliably switch the Denon to Atmos mode with eARC enabled? If so, what type of cable are you using? Aside from enabling eARC in the LG, did you have to set any specific settings on either end to make it work well?

I have to wonder if eARC works reliably for anyone, and if so, with what equipment...
I have the Sony AG9 running A8H firmware ,and have a demon AVR-X 3600 receiver, I have found that the only way to get things working with total reliability is to put all devices into the tv rather than into the Reciever , doing this allows me to run eARC Together with Passthrough enabled on the Sony .
This is a massive improvement over running with devices into the Denon , and it allows me to access the Rakuten IMAX DTS sound on the IMAX movies , something that was impossible before

Thank you--that's very helpful. So far, it looks like disabling eARC and rolling with regular ARC actually does work for Netflix's Atmos, even over the basic HDMI cable that I already have running through the wall.

Unfortunately, since the TV's wall mounted (😢), I need the receiver to do the source switching since otherwise it'd require running multiple HDMI cables through the wall.

Right now, I actually love the TV. The picture, the apps, Android TV--all a major upgrade from the LG B7 I had before. So I'll probably keep the Sony and hold out for better HDMI 2.1 support in 2021-model receivers.

Thank you--that's very helpful. So far, it looks like disabling eARC and rolling with regular ARC actually does work for Netflix's Atmos, even over the basic HDMI cable that I already have running through the wall.

Unfortunately, since the TV's wall mounted (😢), I need the receiver to do the source switching since otherwise it'd require running multiple HDMI cables through the wall.

Right now, I actually love the TV. The picture, the apps, Android TV--all a major upgrade from the LG B7 I had before. So I'll probably keep the Sony and hold out for better HDMI 2.1 support in 2021-model receivers.
Make sure passthrough is turned off on the tv as that does stop Atmos output when running Denon Reciever

I thought that eARC on LG TVs was broken -- no 7.1 passthru?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom