Miele G6065 Dishwasher not filling

admay

We have a Miele G6065 SCVi XXL dishwasher that is 3-4 yrs old. It worked fine with no problems. It was removed in the middle of the first lockdown when we started to refit the kitchen and I have only just reconnected it. However it seems to struggle to fill with water and generates an F12 or F13 fault code that indicates a supply/pump fault.

It sounds as if it is filling a bit, then stopping, then filling a bit more. There is no problem with the supply because I have connected a washing machine there that worked fine. Could be an air block somewhere or a maybe faulty valve. It is one of these where there is a valve connected directly to the tap.

Is there anything perhaps that I should look at before calling someone out?

larkone

Distinguished Member
Have you checked the inlet to the machine as some have a plastic crud filter that can be pulled out and cleaned with a pair of long nose pliers. Also check that there is no blockage at your service valve where the flexible pipe connects to the house plumbing. After your kitchen refit you could have debris somewhere in the system.

Beyond that I would be looking at the inlet valve in the machine as that may have some issues after being left for so long.

admay

Thanks. Yes, removed and cleaned the crud filter and the service valve works fine when connected to the washing machine which takes a lot more water than the dishwasher.

Beyond that I agree it might well be the inlet valve but I have had the side panel off and it is a bugger to get to and not clear how to check if it is working. There is water coming in - just not very fast.

larkone

Distinguished Member
Try removing the pipe and connecting using the washing machine pipe to eliminate the valve fitted on the pipe - that is just there to switch off the water if it detects a leak so excessive flow.

Squirty

There might be a reducer in the actual valve of the dishwasher itself.
Remove the inlet hose from the machine and look at the fitting, sometimes they fit a pressure reducer in there and if not used for a while the limescale may have dried hard and partially blocked it. You can either remove it altogether, or just clean and replace.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom