Same here, and both me and Mrs Galaxy guessed the main thread of the ending from the beginning, which at least made us feel smug at the end rather than entertained!4/5 out of 10 for me. I love sci-fi but for me this was very slow, I only stuck with it because I was curious about the ending.
Just watched... and have a few questions:
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
How long was the trip to that planet and back in total? Maya looks awfully young if it took 10+ years (going by the video from the Kyle's wife).
Are they (Iris, husband and unborn baby) the only humans that will go to the new planet?
thx Cass, watched last night, thought i would have a change from love actually. found it very slow, well acted just really slow.
Actually... I feel like I need to elaborate a tad.
1. It was NOT a sci-fi film - it's more like two half baked psychological dramas, one of which is based in space
2. If mankind were on such a knife edge, the decisions taken by the crew are utterly ridiculous - you either need all the genetic material you can get or you take your chances with the rest of the dying
3. The ship is so terribly designed as to make you wonder if it was built by children
4. The idea that a habitable planet that close would need some sort of ill conceived scouting mission with such a ship makes zero sense
5. The film is based just 30 years in to the future. There is zero chance that we are in a position where the news of a habitable planet would cause a nuclear hollocaust