Question Mid Range Receiver with Preouts

rulocal

Distinguished Member
I currently use an old Yamaha DSP AX761 and use the preouts to route the Front Left and Front Right channels (in a 5.1) into my integrated stereo amp so I can run my DAC into the integrated and use the same front speakers for music.

I am now looking to buy a new AV receiver as the Yamaha preouts have become a bit flakey but most "mid range" amps seem only to have preouts for Sub / Zone B. Can anyone point me to some amps that offer a full preout setup? I will be looking to spend a max of 300 quid so second hand would seem to be the way for me to go.

Cheers

D

Deleted member 39241

The Marantz and Denon receivers are known for having good pre-out voltage. The Denon range from the AVR X-3x00 series upwards have pre-outs, and I think all of the Marantz range have pre-outs for the front left and right, so SR50xx, SR60xx, SR70xx, as well as the NR15xx and NR16xx.

In fact the NR1508, may be in budget new?:

Marantz NR1508

rulocal

Distinguished Member
The Marantz and Denon receivers are known for having good pre-out voltage. The Denon range from the AVR X-3x00 series upwards have pre-outs, and I think all of the Marantz range have pre-outs for the front left and right, so SR50xx, SR60xx, SR70xx, as well as the NR15xx and NR16xx.

In fact the NR1508, may be in budget new?:

Marantz NR1508

Cheers mate. That is exactly the sort of info I was looking for. I wouldn't have even thought of looking at the Marantz slimline range on the basis that they would have ditched all "excess" sockets to achieve the smaller size. I have always had a soft spot Marantz with my first ever hifi set up including one of their CD players back in the early 90s...

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom