Mid 55" LED TV

dad0r

Novice Member
Hello guys,

I need some help on figuring out which TV to get.

So in my country these two TVs are around 720€ and I cannot decide which one to get, both are 55" versions:

1 - Hisense 55U8GQ ( its the European version of the U8G and it seems to be a bit worse according to the reviews)
2 - Philips PUS8506/12

Or is there an better option in this price range?

Right now I have a Samsung UE43mu6172 so I guess they both will be a great upgrade, personally I would get the Hisense one but I'm kinda worried since the reviews say its a downgraded version of the U8G which generally everyone agrees its a great tv for the buck.

TV would be mostly used for movies,netfix,youtube and PS5 when I finally manage to grab one.

Thx!

tvdavid

prob the Philips PUS8506/12 due to its Ambilight

this is the better one

but it's more.
the lights work best behind a white wall to.

Dodgexander

Wouldn't be so sure on those two models being much, if any upgrade compared to your current TV.
Go for last year's Hisense U8Q instead if you can still find one. You may also find some OLEDs such as the aforementioned Philips OLED706, the LG A1 or even cheaper clearance deals on last year's stock.

dad0r

Novice Member
Wouldn't be so sure on those two models being much, if any upgrade compared to your current TV.
Go for last year's Hisense U8Q instead if you can still find one. You may also find some OLEDs such as the aforementioned Philips OLED706, the LG A1 or even cheaper clearance deals on last year's stock.

I was look at the A1, but I think since I'm not in a hurry I will wait a bit and buy C1 or QN95A(EU model).

Thx for the reply.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom