1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsofts Christmas Cracker

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by mjr600, Dec 21, 2002.

1. mjr600

mjr600

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For those new to digital video editing (like me) I have to suggest that that those of you with newer computers running XP follow this link for some excellent free software from Microsoft.

Microsoft have produced this excellent updated, but currently Beta, version of their Windows Movie Maker.

Not to put too fine a point on it, ITS FREE, its idiot proof and I've just turned my daughters christmas nativity into a masterpiece to rival Saving Private Ryan (but without the sniper scene).

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/moviemaker/downloads/moviemaker2beta.asp

Although Pinnacle 8 is easy to use and offers more than the new Movie Maker, Microsoft have finally provided a package that equals if not exceeds Apple's iMovie.

Its so easy my 6 year old can use it.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    The review I read in Computer Video mag said that this was a good product, but not as good as Apples iMovie. If you have both then iMovie will be better, more functions but as a free download is well worth a look for newbies.