Microsoft XBOX Game streaming service announced.

Seems Microsoft are quite far along on this already. Called Project Xcloud and goes into open Beta early next year. Apparently using their Azure cloud facility to help the service on things like latency.

Microsoft plans 2019 beta for its mobile game streaming service

I'd expect a micro console for this to launch late next year but I'm hoping for integrated Apps like on Apple TV

They are launching it as a trial next year for existing consoles, PC and "mobile devices". There is almost certainly no specific hardware next year. 2020? Maybe.

MS have had GPU optimized virtual machines on Azure for a few months now (through the N series)
Azure Windows VM sizes - GPU
Virtual Machine series | Microsoft Azure

Every time I've looked at them they are very expensive.

They are powered by nVidia Telsa GPUs so it would be interesting to see if that is what they are using for this. But then again I guess if it's cloud based on Azure it doesn't really matter (as you increase/decrease to the amount of power needed and they would be using APIs and not going directly to the hardware).

They are launching it as a trial next year for existing consoles, PC and "mobile devices". There is almost certainly no specific hardware next year. 2020? Maybe.

They may push it to 2020 but I think they’ll go with the steaming console in 2019 as a glorified steaming X console

They may push it to 2020 but I think they’ll go with the steaming console in 2019 as a glorified steaming X console

Given they are talking "2019 trials" and staggering across regions I seriously doubt it for next year. I think at best it launches with the next gen physical console in 2020 - maybe even later.

i dont have a problem with streaming as long as its only an alternative to have we currently play games and not a replacement. they also mention mobiles but would have to see how well this would work on a 4g signal

The trailer is kind of interesting.

They have basically put Xbox Ones inside server blades.

The game streaming space is starting space is starting to get very filled nVidia, Google and Sony (PlayStation) are all in the same space.

The trailer is kind of interesting.

They have basically put Xbox Ones inside server blades.

The game streaming space is starting space is starting to get very filled nVidia, Google and Sony (PlayStation) are all in the same space.

And Amazon are entering soon too.

Its a battle between Google, Amazon and Microsoft this.

Even then Google might struggle given they are third behind the other two in terms of cloud infrastructure. Whoever out of MS/Amazon really want to own this space likely will. Interesting to see. MS have the advantage of already being in gaming. Amazon have the advantage of a huge number of video/music streaming customers already.

wondering what the subscription prices of these streaming services from all these different companies will be? as £12.99 for psnow is too much

I think Microsoft will keep prices the same.

Per title price or Gamepass but it's all streamed and not downloadable

can anyone actually see themselves using a controller with a clip in phone dock as in the trailer ?

Didn’t Sony do the same and the idea remote play and PS Now would strap a controller to their phone?

I wouldn’t play it like that so for the most part, the pressure is on Microsoft to make the touch controls work perfectly

Didn’t Sony do the same and the idea remote play and PS Now would strap a controller to their phone?

I wouldn’t play it like that so for the most part, the pressure is on Microsoft to make the touch controls work perfectly

Not really. The MS idea will be you buy say, Assassins creed origins. You can then play it on a native Xbox console, or any device that supports their streaming platform - mobiles/tablets/PCs etc....

You can pick up and play anywhere and switch. Its a bit different to anything else - and I suspect they will be expecting most to use a controller in the main. However, that does leave any apple devices in the cold (though apple may not even allow the streaming service full stop).

Yep, which leaves me out being all apple owner here. I’ll have to go to the streaming console when it launches.

I’m just working through making all my Blu-ray Discs digital. I’m adamant that by new year, I’ll be digital and streaming only on everything

i just dont know how you you do console games on a touch interface what about the triggers ?

and mobile network latency could be a nightmare

streaming isnt the way i want to go and i will continue to buy consoles with buying games on discs as long as i possibly can.

wondering what the subscription prices of these streaming services from all these different companies will be? as £12.99 for psnow is too much

You can buy a 12 month subscription to PS Now for £85. This works out at just over £7 per month which I think isn't bad.

i just hope that they all dont bring out streaming services sony, EA, capcom, ubisoft, Microsoft, google, amazon, nvidia.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom