Microsoft vs Sony Game Subscriptions

Nomad1

Unfortunately, it looks like PlayStation plus have given us Planet Coaster as February's free PS5 game🤣 The remaining are PS4 games.

Maybe that explains the current 50% discount for PlayStation plus

Last edited:

mark2160p

Planet Coaster is the only computer game (PC version) I’ve ever witnessed my wife play. She hates computer/console games.
Not only that, she was proper addicted too. I’d have to come down the stairs to tell to come off, as it’s 2am and got work next morning.

Nomad1

Planet Coaster is the only computer game (PC version) I’ve ever witnessed my wife play. She hates computer/console games.
Not only that, she was proper addicted too. I’d have to come down the stairs to tell to come off, as it’s 2am and got work next morning.

Good to hear. However, I'm not interested in PS Plus or PS Now, as there is nothing interesting to play on PS5 .

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
Spartacus three subscription tiers Essential, Extra, and Premium - said to $10 USD, $13, and $16 a month respectively

Tolq

Distinguished Member
Spartacus three subscription tiers Essential, Extra, and Premium - said to $10 USD, $13, and $16 a month respectively

Given that the monthly sub price for PSN+ is $9.99 that seems plausible. Annual subscriptions should be a lot less (around 60% of the equivalent 12 x monthly price).

Nomad1

So Sony are currently doing a free 7day trial of PS Now. But it looks like it just has PS3 and PS4 games.

With PS Plus, can you get the older free games that were missed the previous months?:confused:

Last edited:

Stockpile Thomas

Distinguished Member
SpongeBob is a great franchise but I've no idea what the game's like. Will give it a go just for that.

TBH it's all a bit meh again.

Nomad1

SpongeBob is a great franchise but I've no idea what the game's like. Will give it a go just for that.

TBH it's all a bit meh again.

Ha ha, Sponge Bob is a good franchise after all I guess. Is the PS5 game any good?

COD Vanguard or Black Ops would be good to see on PS Plus.

Last edited:

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
Ha ha, Sponge Bob is a good franchise after all I guess. Is the PS5 game any good?

COD Vanguard or Black Ops would be good to see on PS Plus.
Chances of seeing another Cod on PS+ are very slim what with Microsoft looking to own Activision-Blizzard.

zt1903

Distinguished Member
Chances of seeing another Cod on PS+ are very slim what with Microsoft looking to own Activision-Blizzard.

Mibbes aye, mibbes naw.

Microsoft have made an offer but do not currently own Activision Blizzard. This deal will take at least another year to complete provided it clears the regulatory hurdle in the US.

I believe the deal will pass, but it’s not a slam dunk. There are some influential senators against it e.g. Elizabeth Warren, though I’m sure they’ll get over their objections after a suitable campaign donation.

zt1903

Distinguished Member
PS Plus is terrible the games on offer are a nonsense in terms of Microsoft subscriptions. They list dead multiplayer games that little to no one is interested in.

PlayStation Plus Subscribers Threaten to End Subscription Over Divisive Free Games

If you insist on comparing with MS then Games with Gold has equally lame months to PS Plus, you don’t see anyone posting about it here every time it happens.

Please inform us what exciting titles have come with GwG over the first 4 months of this year for example.

And amazing story in the link btw, “some users on Reddit moaned about this months games.”

sevenxl77

Last edited:

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
I have xbox live gold and i dont think ive played a single games with gold game in years because despite getting 4 games every month they are mostly bad old games.

PS+ is better then xbox live gold in my opinion
and Gamepass ultimate is better than the ps+ premium offering in my opinion

zt1903

Distinguished Member
I have xbox live gold and i dont think ive played a single games with gold game in years because despite getting 4 games every month they are mostly bad old games.

PS+ is better then xbox live gold in my opinion
and Gamepass ultimate is better than the ps+ premium offering in my opinion

Sounds about right. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

dCS announces Bartók 2.0 firmware upgrade
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Audiovector unveils QR 7 loudspeaker
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
What's new on UK streaming services for June 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG UltraGear Gaming Monitors get VESA certification