Microsoft Unveils Ultimate Keyboard and Mouse

mark.carline

Prominent Member
Reaction score
For a moment there, i thought it was going to be the CTRL-ALT-DEL keyboard! lol

r they not bringing out a remote control as well?

would be nice to lose the ir receiver.

Will it work in the post screen via bluetooth?

I dont think that one is wireless though. Unless it is a typo. click on the info link from the site http://www.advancetec.co.uk/acatalog/Keyso_Key.html
and read the spec.

or read this:
Flat and compact keyboard with full aluminium upper chassis shell in modern, elegant design. Integrated touchpad with 2 mouse-similar function buttons. Integrated hand cushion. Full functionality of a standard-layout keyboard (integrated numeric keypad and 12 function keys). Appealing blue status LEDs for Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock. Plug & Play installation. Ideal for work in cramped areas, for instance in the 19" area

Brand/Model : KeySonic ACK-540 ALU

Colour : Silver (Aluminium)

Connectivity : 2 x PS2 (Mouose and Keyboard)

Number of Keys : 89

Wireless : No

Wrist Rest : Built-in Hand Cushion

Office Shortcuts : No

Height Adjust : No

Weight (kg) : 2.00

I wonder if the MS setup works before the OS is booted to allow you to enter the BIOS? My current MS Bluetooth setup does not and it's a real pain. Every time I want to check something in the BIOS I have to dig out an old keyboard and fumble around behind the PC to plug it in.

I like the look of the new Microsoft ones, but you would think the egg heads at Microsoft would build in a mouse "touch pad" [for gods sake - its only 2"x1"!] :mad:

I just cant see myself using my knee as a mouse mat whilst on the sofa. :confused:

The logitek keyboard is very slick! :cool: it has a touch controlled volume "slider" and an ipod style menu browser thing-a-me-jig - which i great for scrolling through Media Centre menus - but sill - not so good for browsing the net when you need control of the cursor. and still - your remote scrolls through the menus anyway. For the money - ill stick to the original Microsoft IR keyboard until we get a result with the touch pad.

I like the look of the new Microsoft ones, but you would think the egg heads at Microsoft would build in a mouse "touch pad" [for gods sake - its only 2"x1"!] :mad:

It has a "navigation pad":

Navigation Pad

Command your PC from your lap or the comfort of your sofa with the integrated cursor control. It works just like your laptop touch pad.

Thats the last time i believe what i read. :suicide: i was going to get one until i read that!

Thats the last time i believe what i read. :suicide: i was going to get one until i read that!

You've lost me now. You said you would think the "egg heads" would include a touch pad. When I said they have you say you're not going to get one now. Confused.

Sorry dude, i ment i was going to buy one, until i read somewhere that the pad was a "scroller" - now i know what it is i am reconsidering.

Sorry dude, i ment i was going to buy one, until i read somewhere that the pad was a "scroller" - now i know what it is i am reconsidering.

Ah that makes sense. I am considering this myself. If it was a bit cheaper would have one straight away looks like a nice bit of kit.

agree. its just the price - i cant justify buying a keyboard thats worth more than most of my kit.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom