Microsoft Unveils Ultimate Keyboard and Mouse

mjn

Distinguished Member
For a moment there, i thought it was going to be the CTRL-ALT-DEL keyboard! lol

Embarker

r they not bringing out a remote control as well?

would be nice to lose the ir receiver.

Will it work in the post screen via bluetooth?

W

wshuttes

I dont think that one is wireless though. Unless it is a typo. click on the info link from the site http://www.advancetec.co.uk/acatalog/Keyso_Key.html
and read the spec.

or read this:
Flat and compact keyboard with full aluminium upper chassis shell in modern, elegant design. Integrated touchpad with 2 mouse-similar function buttons. Integrated hand cushion. Full functionality of a standard-layout keyboard (integrated numeric keypad and 12 function keys). Appealing blue status LEDs for Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock. Plug & Play installation. Ideal for work in cramped areas, for instance in the 19" area

Brand/Model : KeySonic ACK-540 ALU

Colour : Silver (Aluminium)

Connectivity : 2 x PS2 (Mouose and Keyboard)

Number of Keys : 89

Wireless : No

Wrist Rest : Built-in Hand Cushion

Office Shortcuts : No

Height Adjust : No

Weight (kg) : 2.00

Stanphink

Novice Member
I wonder if the MS setup works before the OS is booted to allow you to enter the BIOS? My current MS Bluetooth setup does not and it's a real pain. Every time I want to check something in the BIOS I have to dig out an old keyboard and fumble around behind the PC to plug it in.

R

rocketdrew

I like the look of the new Microsoft ones, but you would think the egg heads at Microsoft would build in a mouse "touch pad" [for gods sake - its only 2"x1"!] :mad:

I just cant see myself using my knee as a mouse mat whilst on the sofa. :confused:

The logitek keyboard is very slick! :cool: it has a touch controlled volume "slider" and an ipod style menu browser thing-a-me-jig - which i great for scrolling through Media Centre menus - but sill - not so good for browsing the net when you need control of the cursor. and still - your remote scrolls through the menus anyway. For the money - ill stick to the original Microsoft IR keyboard until we get a result with the touch pad.

DLPMaybe

I like the look of the new Microsoft ones, but you would think the egg heads at Microsoft would build in a mouse "touch pad" [for gods sake - its only 2"x1"!] :mad:
It has a "navigation pad":

Navigation Pad

Command your PC from your lap or the comfort of your sofa with the integrated cursor control. It works just like your laptop touch pad.

R

rocketdrew

Thats the last time i believe what i read. :suicide: i was going to get one until i read that!

DLPMaybe

Thats the last time i believe what i read. :suicide: i was going to get one until i read that!
You've lost me now. You said you would think the "egg heads" would include a touch pad. When I said they have you say you're not going to get one now. Confused.

R

rocketdrew

Sorry dude, i ment i was going to buy one, until i read somewhere that the pad was a "scroller" - now i know what it is i am reconsidering.

DLPMaybe

Sorry dude, i ment i was going to buy one, until i read somewhere that the pad was a "scroller" - now i know what it is i am reconsidering.
Ah that makes sense. I am considering this myself. If it was a bit cheaper would have one straight away looks like a nice bit of kit.

R

rocketdrew

agree. its just the price - i cant justify buying a keyboard thats worth more than most of my kit.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020

Trending threads

Latest News

Marantz unveils 12 Series Special Edition models
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 smart phone models launched
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Toshiba launches UK4B 4K Alexa enabled TV
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Mulan to premiere on Disney+ on 4th September
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Has Amazon Prime Video dropped Dolby Atmos?
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Top Bottom