Microsoft slashes cost of UK Xbox fleet, including Elite

Tech News

Reaction score
Microsoft is slashing the cost of its Xbox consoles to better compete against the best-selling Nintendo Wii. The 20GB Premium 360 will drop to 250 pounds on August 24, while the Core will retail for 180 pounds. The new HDMI 120 GB Elite model will sell for 300 pounds. Microsoft has priced the standalone 120GB [...]
More...

The wii and 360 are based on different concepts, somehow I doubt if this will impact the success of the Wii, although it could make Sony a bit uncomfortable.

Rizza

I wish they would just drop the Core so that publishers could use the HDD to better effect to lessen the use of the DVD drive, thus making it quieter

Microsoft is slashing the cost of its Xbox consoles to better compete against the best-selling Nintendo Wii. The 20GB Premium 360 will drop to 250 pounds on August 24, while the Core will retail for 180 pounds. The new HDMI 120 GB Elite model will sell for 300 pounds. Microsoft has priced the standalone 120GB [...]
More...

With the premium only £249 before shops discount it the PS3 looks very expensive at £425. And before people start quoting blu-ray... Most people buy games machines to play games on and dont want to spend the extra if it is never going to be used...

Also no PS3 title has shown the 360 up -quite the opposite has been happening actually.

I would guess there may be another small price drop near xmas or special microsoft bundles as they did last year (free extra controller and pgr3)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom