Microsoft Rewards

Once you have activated it and got 2 achievements you should have 3 completed and the points already awarded. You can click on the other 2 cards and they will complete and you can choose to donate.
It’s the last donate one I am not sure about as I scanned the QR code and set donations to go to Comic Relief but I don’t see a submit point button so it’s still at 0 points donated despite having a few hundred earned.

It’s the last donate one I am not sure about as I scanned the QR code and set donations to go to Comic Relief but I don’t see a submit point button so it’s still at 0 points donated despite having a few hundred earned.

You don't have to donate to gain the points and if you are going to donate I think it's minimum 1000/£1

Heads up if you are trying for the BF1 Weekly of Best Squad, it does not seem to register until you quit out of the game into the main menu. I had 3 games in a row on TDM with best squad and it did not pop, as soon as I backed out of the lobby it popped.

The last(5th) button turns on Give with Bing, this donates your 3pts per search to charity from now until you change it. The 4th button donates the 1000pts, plus a bonus 1000pts, to comic relief.

The last(5th) button turns on Give with Bing, this donates your 3pts per search to charity from now until you change it. The 4th button donates the 1000pts, plus a bonus 1000pts, to comic relief.
Are you sure? I did it the day it became available and my overall points total still goes up daily when I do desktop and mobile searches. Just done todays and it went up 162 points in total.

My 4th one ways complete but the 5th doesn't so not sure if/when the whole thing will complete, get the impression the 'Give with Bing' point won't be donated until the end of the month.
points.jpg

For those who haven't updated the Bing app on mobile, don't!

It's a vile update with news items rammed in your face for no reason. I used the app for the rewards searches and nothing else but the previous version was simple and worked. Now it's like somebody has vomited a news paper/magazine into your lap.

Edit
Gone and installed the previous version again using APKMirror.com and turned off auto-update for now.

Last edited:
Yep. Mine auto updated. It's not good. And that's being polite

None of my searches or task points seem to be getting added to my totals today. Has anyone noticed the same? Done all tasks and all searches and points total not moved up at all.

Finally got the Comic Relief punch card to complete, turns out I had to click ‘Learn more’ on Keep giving with Bing.

I have an iPad. I have never managed to get the Bing thing to work what am I missing ?

I have an iPad. I have never managed to get the Bing thing to work what am I missing ?
For doing the searches? If you install the Edge app and login to the browser with your xbox account it should work. I use edge just for MS rewards and it always works. You can switch to desktop mode to do the desktop searches on it too.

Does anyone know how MS store payment with redeemed vouchers works? Once it's in my MS account I know it expires after a while but if I already have non reward credit which will it use first? Or does it show as a completely separate payment option?

Currently at checkout I see pay with card or account balance but I want to redeem my points and use them to pay for something, not my current account balance. If that makes sense.

Does anyone know how MS store payment with redeemed vouchers works? Once it's in my MS account I know it expires after a while but if I already have non reward credit which will it use first? Or does it show as a completely separate payment option?

Currently at checkout I see pay with card or account balance but I want to redeem my points and use them to pay for something, not my current account balance. If that makes sense.
You need to have redeemed your reward points to reward credit before you can them. The account balance is then made up of any credit you have (purchased or reward credit) and will also show you under the payment details of the account when any reward credit is due to expire (90 days from when you redeem your points).

I'm not sure which credit is used first when you make a purchase (if you have reward and purchased credit) but I will try and find out. My best guess is that the reward credit would be used first as it can expire where as the paid credit doesn't.

That was my thinking. It would make sense that it uses the reward credit first but I don't know if it does.

I've got about £35 normal credit so I don't want to withdraw too much from rewards in case it uses normal credit first and whatever is left over expires before I use it.

It will use Expiring Credit first.

If you ever need to extend Expiring Credit then find something that is a Pre_order that you can pay fully with credit and place a pre-order and then request a refund, the expiring credit gets a month extra.

Oh thats right. I knew that and totally forgot!
:facepalm:

Good to know which is used first, thanks.

Nice and easy 100 points on the rewards app via the console for checking out Falcon/Winter Soldier/Disney+. No need to download app or watch it, just back out of each task.

Can you stack £5 gift cards to use with a single purchase ?

Also are redeemed gift cards credited to your account as money, so there is no expiry date on using the credit?

Noob questions I’m afraid

Can you stack £5 gift cards to use with a single purchase ?

Also are redeemed gift cards credited to your account as money, so there is no expiry date on using the credit?

Noob questions I’m afraid
Yes you can stack them.
If you redeem reward points for credit they get put direct into your account and expire after 90 days.

So if your looking at stacking worth waiting until there is something to buy before redeeming the reward points for credit.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom