Microsoft Rewards

King Tones

Outstanding Member
Solutions
Reaction score
So seems a lot of new gamers in this section recently and a lot of people have ordered a Series X or Series S.

So you want to make gaming or subs a little bit cheaper....

Well Microsoft has got you !

Welcome to Microsoft Rewards...
You get Points for Searching via Bing on mobile and desktop, you get points for doing quizzes, weekly streaks and playing games.
All these points add up and you can redeem for Rewards, Game Credit, GamePass Sub or Vouchers for Argos or Tesco.

To get started you want to head over here - https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/
And sign up with the account you are going to use on your Xbox.

Once you are signed up then just keep checking that Dashboard on a Daily Basis, click the links and do some searched and soon enough you start racking up the Points.

Dashboard and Breakdown Looks like below. Favourite It and Keep coming back on a Daily Basis.

CaptureMS.JPG

CaptureMS1.JPG

Also once you have an Xbox make sure you download the Microsoft Rewards App which will have Weekly Streaks and Points for clicks be it new games or videos.
This is also linked with GamePass so every week on a Tuesday there is new GamePass Missions for Reward Points. Play a game for 25 Points, get an achievement for 50 and so on.

If you do all of this then you could easily get about 10000+ Points a Month which is close to £10 Xbox Credit or 1 Month of Ultimate Games Pass.

A link to the current breakdown of what you can earn each month.

Worth checking this Reddit Thread also for tips on game missions for points or new reward point offers

Some things to note though....

DO NOT USE A VPN When doing this to acquire more point from other regions. THis will get your account banned from Rewards. So you clock up 20000 points and wans some credit but when you redeem you get an error and your banned.
Also do not use a Bot to do the daily searches. THis is against the T&C's and can also get you banned.

Over the past 9 months I have racked up 150,000+ Points which has gone towards a shiny new Series X so it's worth doing even if it's just to get a £5 gift card each month to go towards a game or some DLC.

Last edited:
Thanks for that’s Tones some great info. I’ve just done all the searches etc for today.
Also think it’s worth grabbing Edge for you phone and doing the searches etc via that to make it a little quicker. Maybe even change it to your default browser

Good job @King Tones as this is really worth doing. I ordered my X from Amazon but had saved up enough reward credit in the last year to buy an S from MS directly as well.

Really good rewards system with 5-10 minutes of your day is all that is required.

Does streaming Gamepass games count towards the rewards? Because its a pain to download them to the xbox of our got no interest in playing them really

Does streaming Gamepass games count towards the rewards? Because its a pain to download them to the xbox of our got no interest in playing them really

Yes if it's availble as a game to stream.

There was a game on the weekly last night and it was on Xcloud so took a minute to unlock it.

Good point!

Assuming you can stream from your xbox? Not actually looked at it yet just know you can stream on android and thats it

Good point!

Assuming you can stream from your xbox? Not actually looked at it yet just know you can stream on android and thats it

Streaming from Console is in Preview at the moment, you can stream any game but you have to be part of the Insider Programme.

That's awesome. Will definitely save a lot of time. Missed out on a lot of rewards points because a lot of it seems like a bit of a pain

When it says play 3 different Game Pass Games this week to earn Rewards Points.

How long do you actually have to play them for so it registers?

When it says play 3 different Game Pass Games this week to earn Rewards Points.

How long do you actually have to play them for so it registers?
You don't even have to get to the title screen. There's a daily quest that is just play one game pass title and it pops as soon as you press on the game.

Even when you get gamepass for free nobody wants to use bing😂

Still sucks that the offer where I live doesn't include the 150 points a day for bing searches, it's not active in all regions so outside of the Xbox I only get the movies punch card. I do get weekly rewards for bing searches though I'm the Xbox and I just stick 50 bits of gibberish in to edge on my phone to get that sorted most weeks.

Streaming from Console is in Preview at the moment, you can stream any game but you have to be part of the Insider Programme.

@King Tones I've joined the insider programme and it gave me an update to install (I picked Delta option) but i can't see any option to stream a game from the console using XCloud or whatever its called now. Can you point me in the right direction?

@King Tones I've joined the insider programme and it gave me an update to install (I picked Delta option) but i can't see any option to stream a game from the console using XCloud or whatever its called now. Can you point me in the right direction?

I've not used it myself for ages because I came out of the Insider Programme. Are you doing it via Android Phone or Tablet ?

You might need to download the Xbox Game Pass Beta App from Google.
Unless they have turned it off since XCloud officially launched...

I've not used it myself for ages because I came out of the Insider Programme. Are you doing it via Android Phone or Tablet ?

You might need to download the Xbox Game Pass Beta App from Google.
Unless they have turned it off since XCloud officially launched...

Ah i thought you meant you could use your console to stream a game from xcloud without having to download it as i haven't got an android.

Actually it's this App

Thanks for sharing the info. I've heard of the rewards thing before, but never knew exactly how it worked. Will certainly be taking advantage of this.

I’ve looked to do this in the past and always forgot to go back to it the next day! Sticking at it this time though (4 days in a row 🥳) after realising how profitable it can be for 5-10 mins each day.

Does anyone know if I’ll earn points for my Series X purchase at Microsoft? Only seen “digital purchases” mentioned on the website.

New app just out - don’t need to be in preview program now:

Looks like android only at the minute but I’m sure this is the I read about earlier on the verge and mentioned it’s been sent to Apple for review and there’s no reason this app won’t get through.

Automator app I've been all year is still working fine for me, just redeemed 58,000 points for £50 off the new machine the other day, it’s clearly against the t&c so Microsoft have had it removed from the App Store now.

For the game pass quests I use Chicken Possible, actually he’s now called Rewards Hunter, he does simple videos showing the easiest way to get whatever task needs doing for each game.

There's a chrome extension that can automate the searches too.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom