Microsoft Office issue

Lucky Phil

Novice Member
Hi All,

Recently wiped laptop and put windows on my laptop, works perfectly. I have the product key. The only issue is, I am trying to use Microsoft Office and when I go to Microsoft 365 it gives me the following message

Error code: TOKEN_NOT_FOUND

Can anyone suggest a solution to this? Would rather not buy a new version of office but I need this for the work I do. I have a copy of Office 2007 with product key but was told this will not work on Windows 10. Can anyone confirm please?

TIA

sep8001

Hi All,

Recently wiped laptop and put windows on my laptop, works perfectly. I have the product key. The only issue is, I am trying to use Microsoft Office and when I go to Microsoft 365 it gives me the following message

Error code: TOKEN_NOT_FOUND

Can anyone suggest a solution to this? Would rather not buy a new version of office but I need this for the work I do. I have a copy of Office 2007 with product key but was told this will not work on Windows 10. Can anyone confirm please?

TIA
Office 2007 will work fine on Win 10. Where did you get the office 365 key from? Looking online you may have to contact them in the first instance.

Lucky Phil

Novice Member
Just spoke to the IT guy at work and he denied it completely

Got the office key by using
wmic path softwarelicencingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey
The key works, didn't even have to input it when I reinstalled windows

I am assuming this is the same key for Microsoft offices products too?

May have to contact who?

I tried to install office 2007 last night, didn't work. I have this on disc which I haven't the first clue about how I put on this new laptop

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
I wouldn't type in command line strings you find online. It can easily be abused by unscrupulous sites to gain complete control over your machine.

Office and Windows are separate products sold separately. I don't know if there's any sort of combined bundle sold by Microsoft but you'd generally expect your Office 365 subscription to be separate from your windows licence.

D

Deleted member 27989

I've never used a product key with Microsoft 365. Just login with an office account that has an active subscription and it will activate...

jimscreechy

As Endlesswwaves has said, Office and Windows are separate.

The key is just for Windows, and since you are putting Windows on the same laptop, it will not need to be registered since this is done via the Microsoft servers. The Windows key in (as you have said) the servers will recognise the laptop as pre registered.

if you have a license for 365 you (as Bl4ckGryph0n has said), you need to log in and perform the install via 365 site. The token error may be because you have activated it previously (with the prior build) so the install is coming up with an invalid key. YOu will need to go to MS support to resolve this (or try the FAQ/Help on O365 site)

There should be nothing preventing you from using office 2007 on Windows 10. What happens when you put the CD in and try to install? It should be fairly straighforward.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom