• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Microsoft Office 2007

dazg81

Established Member
I am looking at purchasing a Microsoft Office Package.

What is the difference between Microsoft Office 2007 Home & Student Edition or The Microsoft Office 2007 Standard Edition?

One is £70 and the other is £300.

Thanks for any help

dickvenn

Established Member
Hi

I think the difference is that with the student edition you only get word and excel and outlook and powerpoint; with the professional you get everything including access and publisher and onenote and communicator etc.

if you are a student or are a parent or guardian you can buy one copy of office professional for each eligible student from software4students.co.uk at a cost of only £45.

Microsoft Office Professional 2007 with Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher

I have recently done this as I have 3 student daughters (!) as well as got Win 7 ultimate. The software is genuine, comes on a disk with the key and it activates OK with Microsoft online (I was a bit leery about it initially). Be aware, though, that office 2007 produces files such as .docx and .xlsx which others with office 2003 can't read unless they get a download from MS.

cheers
revdick

MarkE19

Home & Student has Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Onenote but not Outlook
Office standard is the same except it has Outlook instead of Onenote

See the full Office suite comparison Here.

Mark.

Leyland

Standard Member
If you are working for a government dept/school teacher etc you may qualify for the Home user program. I work within local gov and purchased 2003 when it came out and 2007 enterprise editions for the grand sum of £13.81!!!!!! Worth checking out

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom