Microsoft .NET Framework Error

Hillsman

Established Member
Reaction score
I have yet another annoying problem with my pc, this time after my pc has booted up and im on my desktop i get the following error

Microsoft .NET Framework

Unhandled exception has occured in you application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.offerzone.info'

Now since ive been getting this message my PC wont shut down, Log off or restart BUT i can switch users and close it down that way

I have gone through both the continue and quit options but the problem persists.

If i click details i can see the following log :

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.offerzone.info'
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at groupmanager.frmMain.WebConnect(String Server)
at groupmanager.frmMain.PollServer()
at groupmanager.frmMain.frmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
groupmanager
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.5
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.5
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/msiUpdate.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSI...0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSI....0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSI..._b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSI....0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Management
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSI...0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Any advice would be most welcome as im just about to smash the flaming thing up :eek:

:smashin:

Last edited:
Hi

Suggest go to control panel > add & remove programs, and remove Microsoft.NET Framework programs. All of them if there is more than one.

Do a restart and see what happens.

EDIT: recommend backup your personal stuff first!

Alan

Hi

Suggest go to control panel > add & remove programs, and remove Microsoft.NET Framework programs. All of them if there is more than one.

Do a restart and see what happens.

EDIT: recommend backup your personal stuff first!

Alan

I have no means to back up my personal stuff as yet (thinking of getting a portable USB hard drive soon)

The programs i have in the add and remove section are

Microsoft. NET Framework 1.1

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366)

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1

What will hapen if i delete these?

Do i need them and if so what do they do?
Also whats this 'www.offerzone.info'?

Theres no sign of that on my pc

Many Thanks :thumbsup:

The "offerzone.info" could be a 'funny' website.

Is the PC on-line when the exception error occurs?

Do you have anti-virus and anti-spyware programs running on your PC?

IMO you MUST backup your data! Get a USB drive NOW!! :thumbsup:

Alan

Its basically as the error says it couldnt resolve the address for Special Offers.

I wouldnt advise uninstalling .NET as you'll potentially break several of the applications you use.

What I would advise is tracking down what is bringing it up - probally spyware. Install a checker and see what it says - something to try would be when the error pops up open task manager right click the erro window and click 'go to process' and then go from there google the exe name / delete it etc.

The "offerzone.info" could be a 'funny' website.

Is the PC on-line when the exception error occurs?

Do you have anti-virus and anti-spyware programs running on your PC?

IMO you MUST backup your data! Get a USB drive NOW!! :thumbsup:

Alan

The error occurs about 20 seconds after i click on my user name, just before i go online.

Im fully protected with Zonealarm AV and firewall plus spybot search and destroy, ad aware, malware bytes etc

Hi Hillsman

OK - the "offerzone.info" seems to kick in quite late.

Make sure your PC is off-line. Go to Control Panel > Internet Options, under the General tab click 'Delete...', then click at the bottom 'Delete all...'. This will take some time to delete all the rubbish thats built up so be patient.

This will clear all the internet files, cookies, history, website passwords etc.

Reboot the PC, then manually run one of your anti-spyware programs to scan ALL the computer.

Keep us posted of the outcome.

By the way, if this does'nt work then see if you have Microsoft.NET Framework stuff backed up somewhere. Don't worry if you have'nt - it's available on the Microsoft website.

Alan

Last edited by a moderator:
Its basically as the error says it couldnt resolve the address for Special Offers.

I wouldnt advise uninstalling .NET as you'll potentially break several of the applications you use.

What I would advise is tracking down what is bringing it up - probally spyware. Install a checker and see what it says - something to try would be when the error pops up open task manager right click the erro window and click 'go to process' and then go from there google the exe name / delete it etc.

Spyware shows up nothing so i went to task manager and cant really see anything there that would indicate its causing the problem.. what would i be loking for?

Hi Hillsman

OK - the "offerzone.info" seems to kick in quite late.

Make sure your PC is off-line. Go to Control Panel > Internet Options, under the General tab click 'Delete...', then click at the bottom 'Delete all...'. This will take some time to delete all the rubbish thats built up so be patient.

This will clear all the internet files, cookies, history, website passwords etc.

Reboot the PC, then manually run one of your anti-spyware programs to scan ALL the computer.

Keep us posted of the outcome.

By the way, if this does'nt work then see if you have Microsoft.NET Framework stuff backed up somewhere. Don't worry if you have'nt - it's available on the Microsoft website.

Alan

I clear that kind of thing up once a week or so, just tried it again and its not worked.

So you would advise deleting all net framework applications and reinstalling them?

If so would the latest version.. 3.5 sp1 be enough or would i have to install 1.1, 2.0 etc?

Gosh - most people don't bother housekeeping! Good, then that's done.

Yes - delete & re-install. I am guessing that all the versions of NET Framework have to be installed. But you could try installing 3.5 sp1 first and making sure all your programs work. If not then install all the older versions.

This might not work, in which case I recommend backing up your data, formatting the drive(s) and a fresh install of Windows.

Alan

Gosh - most people don't bother housekeeping! Good, then that's done.

Yes - delete & re-install. I am guessing that all the versions of NET Framework have to be installed. But you could try installing 3.5 sp1 first and making sure all your programs work. If not then install all the older versions.

This might not work, in which case I recommend backing up your data, formatting the drive(s) and a fresh install of Windows.

Alan

Managed to delete framework 1.1

But when i try to do 2.0 i get a message saying it cannot be uninstalled because it will effect other applications.

I dunno, maybe i'll take it in to a shop as im not very technically minded when it comes to pc's.

Just thought i could save myself a few bob buy fixing it myself.

Yeah - what's the betting that "offerzone.info" running is grabbing framework 2.0 and so it cannot be deleted.

When offerzone is running, press Ctrl, Alt, Delete at the same time to bring up Windows Task Manager. Under the Applications tab is a list of all programs running. Does "offerzone" appear?

I should imagine it is'nt, in which case enlist the help of a friend who knows about these things - possible re-install required.

Whatever you do though, don't forget to backup your personal data!!

Alan

Yeah - what's the betting that "offerzone.info" running is grabbing framework 2.0 and so it cannot be deleted.

When offerzone is running, press Ctrl, Alt, Delete at the same time to bring up Windows Task Manager. Under the Applications tab is a list of all programs running. Does "offerzone" appear?

I should imagine it is'nt, in which case enlist the help of a friend who knows about these things - possible re-install required.

Whatever you do though, don't forget to backup your personal data!!

Alan

No it doesnt show up. :confused:

Thanks for your help anyway Alan :smashin:

Hi The problem seems to come from the latest version of K-Lite Mega Codec Pack reliesed 30-12-2008 I had the same problem on two different pc's I removed it by uninstalling K-Lite and restoring back to a date before i installed K-Lite maybe this will solve your problem
Regards Gerhardt.

Hi The problem seems to come from the latest version of K-Lite Mega Codec Pack reliesed 30-12-2008 I had the same problem on two different pc's I removed it by uninstalling K-Lite and restoring back to a date before i installed K-Lite maybe this will solve your problem
Regards Gerhardt.

Just tried that but it didnt work.

Thanks anyway mate :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom