1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft Media Center 5 and iTunes?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by kgreene, Feb 16, 2005.

1. kgreene

kgreene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    Just bought iPod photo and very chuffed - 10% way through ripping 300 albums using i-Tunes at 128K aac (mpeg4 audio).
    About to buy Elonex Artisan PC with MS Media Center on it and will want to sync iPod with it. Trouble is MS Media Player doesn't support aac/m4a files.
    I know you can install and use i-Tunes no problem but I'm assuming that you loose something in convenience by not using Media Player for playing music.
    Can anyone advise what (if anything) gets a bit tricky or requires tweaking if I want to continue to use i-Tunes as my music player - I'm thinking stuff like shortcuts/remote control and the tighter integration with OS and other MS apps that I'd miss out on?
    Basically I want to decide whether to switch to mp3 so I can use Media Player now rather than when I've ripped all my CDs.
    Any help much appreciated
    Thanks, Ken