Microsoft, Limelight strike online media deal to improve Live reliability

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Source

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Limelight Networks Inc and Microsoft Corp said on Thursday that they had entered into a technology agreement in which the Web content delivery company will help improve the reliability of the software maker's online services, such as video, music and games.

Limelight will provide media streaming and content delivery services to Microsoft under a multiyear deal. The two companies also agreed to cross-license their technologies.

Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Limelight competes with Akamai Technologies Inc to help companies deliver graphics, video and music to online users more reliably by finding less congested routes over the Internet. Its customers include DreamWorks, Facebook, and News Corp's MySpace.
About time the download speeds on Live recently have been a joke (24hrs for a gig :eek:) i thought it was just the release of Bioshock but the skate. demo was just as bad.

With the Video Marketplace being released in Europe things would only have got worse, hopefully this signifiys a step in the right direction and we will get better service than we have of late :smashin:

All we need now are dedicated servers and im happy :D

bubs999

My Skate demo downloaded really quickly this morning. Bioshock took a while, but I guess everyone was after it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom