Microsoft Flight Simulator

In tonight's show they said that the way the game works on Series X, and PC most likely, is that they have 1.7 Petabytes (yes Petabytes) of terrain date and building info etc from around the globe, and the game streams these in as it's needed.
Hence why it's so stunningly detailed. A game that I wonder if you can see your house from up there?

Excited for this.
Will probably end up with a bunch of peripherals I barely use, but hey.
It should be awesome.

Can't wait for this. I know there's a lot of data streamed in, but does anyone know what the base game install is? I expect it will be hefty and may need to clear a bit of space.

Also that Top Gun tie-in chefs kiss
I think it needs around 86gb on the X Box Series S|X. Needs a bit more if you go for the de luxe version over the basic one included in Gamepass package.

Excited for this.
Will probably end up with a bunch of peripherals I barely use, but hey.
It should be awesome.

I've got my eye on this but really difficult to secure one at the moment unless I risked obtaining one from a few sites I've seen based in Europe. This guy ordered one and then reviewed it from a company called Techinn (based in Spain) but they haven't got very good feedback on Google which is a shame. as the price is good compared to Amazon. I've got it on my wishlist on Amazon, Overclockers and Argos in hope I can snag one before it releases, it'll be the first HOTAS I've ever bought and used and I think it'll help with the immersion.

Is this Going to be accessible to those of us who’ve never used a flight sim before?

Is this Going to be accessible to those of us who’ve never used a flight sim before?
It's as easy or as hard as you want it to be. There's a lot of assists to help you do everything and you can just turn them off as you get comfortable. Landing is the hardest thing I find and they have boxes to guide you in and it can help control your speed for you. Or you can just wing it and turn everything off and learn by crashing. There is a tutorial as well that gets you up and flying in a loop around an airfield then coming back to land which is a good place to start.

Hi all. I appreciate using a proper stick will add to the immersion/realism and apologies if this has been asked before but will a controller be sufficient if I'm not looking to take the game too seriously? I've never played a flight sim before but just the idea of flying around various real life locations, which look so realistic is really appealing to me.

A controller should be fine. I played on PC with an Xbox controller until I could get a HOTAS, most of the important controls were pre-mapped to that.

Looking forward to this. Played a lot of Flight Sim 98 and 02 back in the day and was often buying add-ons/extensions from Game. 🤓

Not played a Flight Sim before but used to love Pilotwings 64. Really looking forward to this

I think I will be fine playing this after mastering these as a kid

1625662123272.png

Anyone know if there will be any smaller controller than a full on yoke / throttle for this? Something like a joystick ?

I've got my eye on this but really difficult to secure one at the moment unless I risked obtaining one from a few sites I've seen based in Europe. This guy ordered one and then reviewed it from a company called Techinn (based in Spain) but they haven't got very good feedback on Google which is a shame. as the price is good compared to Amazon. I've got it on my wishlist on Amazon, Overclockers and Argos in hope I can snag one before it releases, it'll be the first HOTAS I've ever bought and used and I think it'll help with the immersion.

They're in stock at the Thrustmaster online store for £79.99. The shipping charge is steep, though

've got my eye on this but really difficult to secure one at the moment unless I risked obtaining one from a few sites I've seen based in Europe.
There's a UK based company (box.co.uk) that have these in stock, mine arrived this morning so will test it out later. I'd never heard of them before but seems to be a legit / well established store (and no, I have no affiliation..........)

I didn't really want to pay £80 for one of these but there seem to be very few about, used or new.

There's a UK based company (box.co.uk) that have these in stock, mine arrived this morning so will test it out later. I'd never heard of them before but seems to be a legit / well established store (and no, I have no affiliation..........)

I didn't really want to pay £80 for one of these but there seem to be very few about, used or new.
Are they wired or wireless? Was keen on ordering but I would need a wireless one

Are they wired or wireless? Was keen on ordering but I would need a wireless one
Wired I'm afraid. I don't think that there are any wireless options currently available - although would be surprised if there weren't any in the pipeline.

I used them the other week for a surge protector, they seemed pretty good and a reasonable price. A guy on youtube called the The Tech Giant has them as a sponsor and gets TVs from them.

I thought you could pre install this.

I just tried via and it’s just added a place holder file in my games and apps.

Is pre install only for those that purchase the game?

I thought you could pre install this.

I just tried via and it’s just added a place holder file in my games and apps.

Is pre install only for those that purchase the game?
Placeholder just means the full game isn't ready for pre-download yet. Once it is you'll get it.

Placeholder just means the full game isn't ready for pre-download yet. Once it is you'll get it.

Yeah, I'm just sure I saw something a week or so back on xbox dash about pre installing the game.

Yep they may have advertised it but doesn't mean download was gold and ready to go.

In any case , 7 days to go.

I've been excited for this game since it was announced it was coming to xbox. Is there any xbox gameplay videos out there, Ive seen a lot, but unsure if its xbox footage.

*Ignore, realise the official trailer is xbox gameplay footage.

This game was the reason I moved from PS to xbox. Can't wait either.

I think you can't pre-install as the next game update (5 i think) goes live the same day as the xbox launch so maybe the first version they release on xbox will be that version

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom