Microsoft Flight Simulator

I think they will need to stream the scenery, it's massive and no chance it will work. Be interested to see if they allow the scenery cache in an external drive as it's pretty hefty and summer need the SSD speeds really.

Control wise the Xbox controller is decent for beginners using since assistant tools, I've never bothered getting a hotas but I'm not a serious simmer. A keyboard and mouse is handy though for a bit of extra controls as your slowly shut off the aids as you improve.

Any news on whether the S/X versions require (or support) HOTAS inceptors? I'm assuming that the controller can be used to some extent but I don't know which external peripheral are supported by the new consoles.

It’s CPU bound as far as I know and doesn’t run at 60 on even the best PCs. Thankfully I don’t think frame rate really matters for this.
Yeah i'm not too sure 60 FPS is that much of a game changer for this I just know I really struggle to go back to anything less than 60 nowadays.

Solid 30fps is perfectly fine for a game like this

Can't wait to pay this on my series x

Can't wait for this. I know there's a lot of data streamed in, but does anyone know what the base game install is? I expect it will be hefty and may need to clear a bit of space.

Also that Top Gun tie-in chefs kiss

I occasionally compliment my partner on her HOTAS, I assume this is something different..?

Sneak peek at the upcoming combat edition.

1623751660249.png

At least it isn't this (which was the first game I bought from my speccy in '84)
1623752716593.png

In all seriousness, while I'm not totally into flight sims, I do enjoy the wondrous detail of this version of Flight Sim. Being able to overfly and identify the house my aforementioned partner lived in as child and then navigate by sight alone to her current house is simply jaw dropping.

In all seriousness, while I'm not totally into flight sims, I do enjoy the wondrous detail of this version of Flight Sim. Being able to overfly and identify the house my aforementioned partner lived in as child and then navigate by sight alone to her current house is simply jaw dropping.

Just to clarify, I agree with the first part. Not the bit about flying over your partners previous addresses. I don't know her. I'm not a stalker (honest) :D

Didn't they get it down to about 90Gb with a recent patch. Not sure how they trimmed 10s of gigabytes of install but apparently they did.
Did an update last night funnily enough.

Was 125gb in total. I own the London scenery add on which is around 5GB.

I think the base game itself is probably around 95, but then higher if you want to add on all the free scenery world update things.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

The improved terrain, airports and scenery are all optional if you’re short on space

I got Hotdeal alert for this yesterday to grab the premium edition for £53 from the Iceland MS store. I posted in the Xbox One Buying games from foreign regions on how easy it was along with some other methods I've still used now and again. I'd not posted in that thread for a while and quickly skimming through I spotted a few folk have had issues of late with even account bans so I fully understand if some folk a little more hesitant than they used to be with these methods due to risks but touchwood with the odd bargain I've managed grab I've not had any issues.

I know its free on GamePass but I actually want to own this game as I imagine me sinking a lot of time into if its anything like Train Sim etc and for that price for the premium edition I couldn't resist.

Big update on this tonight on the Xbox E2 live part 2 show on Youtube.

Apparently Microsoft also name dropped this as a game that will be playable on Xbox one via xcloud. So there's sort of an Xbox one version coming for gamepass subscribers. Feel like the slight latency won't matter too much for this, probably not the end of the world if you take off or land a few milliseconds late.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom