Microsoft Flight Simulator

jjgreenwood

Prominent Member
Reaction score

Power of the cloud comes of age.

Weirdly this could be a fantastic demo of the power of the series X. The early reviews look ridiculous on the right hardware. I wouldn't have thought of all titles shown in their showcase that fight simulator could be highlight. I'll be interested to see if the series X can hit anywhere near the visual quality of some of the pc reviews coming out at the moment.

I am currently alpha testing Flight Sim on a developer Series X and took this sneaky screenshot.

I am under an NDA so please don't share this picture.

41967be6c6cb08b.png

Reviewing really well so far

Look forward to trying this on Xbox, I just hope it's not too stripped back from the PC version, whats the likely hood that it will be the same as the PC version?
I gather the the environment is streamed as you play.

You'll all be thankful that it'll be going onto an SSD. I had to put mine on an old school mechanical drive and its worse than booting up Destiny!

Just in the process of clearing some space on the SSD (mainly the wife's account and files on this PC) so that I can move it onto that. Not really a simulator kind of person so in reality i'll do some trips to places I've lived or been too and then the novelty will probably wear off. Great looking game though.

St James's (Get it watered Ashley you tight git!)

Flight Simulator 2020 (12).png

Bellagio Fountains in Vegas.

Desktop Screenshot 2020.08.20 - 09.28.11.42.png

You'll all be thankful that it'll be going onto an SSD. I had to put mine on an old school mechanical drive and its worse than booting up Destiny!

Just in the process of clearing some space on the SSD (mainly the wife's account and files on this PC) so that I can move it onto that. Not really a simulator kind of person so in reality i'll do some trips to places I've lived or been too and then the novelty will probably wear off. Great looking game though.

St James's (Get it watered Ashley you tight git!)

View attachment 1352679

Bellagio Fountains in Vegas.

View attachment 1352681

That looks spot on. Shame there's no bombers in the game eh Chalky? :)

Mine is on super fast NVME yet sometimes it takes minutes to load all that lovely scenery :)

Does anybody know when this is likely to come out ?

he Xbox version has yet to be given a release date. The official support website simply says it is "coming to Xbox One at a later date"

I think I might have to buy a next gen console for the first time in a decade. This looks incredible!

I think I might have to buy a next gen console for the first time in a decade. This looks incredible!

Looks good but won’t it be a bit boring?

Looks good but won’t it be a bit boring?

Flying around the world in 4K aint my idea of boring but hey ho. It won’t be for everyone.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom