Microsoft Flight Simulator

rowedav

Distinguished Member
Bit surprised there hasn't been much more on this yet, given we're a few days away. Maybe it's because its been available on PC for almost a year, but thought there'd be a few Xbox specific previews by now...

Dazza Cole

0858DDAF-B416-4099-AA23-A955F7A1395B.jpeg

ready for next week...been waiting for about a year to finally get one of these!

Dazza Cole

I got mine too - I may have worked out how to join the two bits together by the time the game launches!
LOL, was struggling too until I saw an unboxing video where they said you need to wrap the cable one more time underneath the throttle. Bingo! The instructions are pretty poor to be honest!

mike7

Distinguished Member
My Flight Simulator appears to be downloading something ahead of schedule ! (Wednesday 10.30 pm). I'll check in the morning. Currently at 20% and rising.

Update: Seems like it might have been a partial download. Started the Sim and got a series of credit screens followed by a very short video. Then it's stopped with a new holding page indicating Tuesday as the launch. The left joystick moves a circle around the screen but it doesn't activate anything. Bit of a teaser. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Sounds about right, think that's around the same size as the pc version, before you add the updated scenery bits.

rowedav

Distinguished Member
I saw part of the install is offline mode, about 50gb? Assume that's not required to be installed if you're online and it'll stream in as required?

gunner84

Distinguished Member
Sounds about right, think that's around the same size as the pc version, before you add the updated scenery bits.

How do I add them or is that PC only?

Is anyone buying the deluxe/premium version, I'm going to see what its like first and if I really enjoy it I might be tempted to go for the premium with the extra detailed airports and extra planes.

Last edited:

Goooner

Distinguished Member
In the PC version there's like a marketplace section on the home screen, which includes all the free and paid add ons and you just pick and chose which you want.

gunner84

Distinguished Member
In the PC version there's like a marketplace section on the home screen, which includes all the free and paid add ons and you just pick and chose which you want.

Wonder if the xbox version will get something similar. I think we are getting that fighter pilot add-on, so possible I guess.

mike7

Distinguished Member
Installed over night sometime, mine states 97.5gb or thereabout.
Does it run? I seem to have 2 files totalling around 90+ gbs but the program does not run. I just get the 'Join us on the 27th...' message and a spinning circle in the bottom RH corner.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Never have understood the Tuesday (or Monday) release thing. Friday would be much better as people can enjoy it at the weekend.

Cinemas release films on a Friday for the most part, but everything else games, DVDS etc seems to be Monday.

Physical media I can sort of see it, where they want to make sure it’s in all stores at the same time for release, but then release on Friday, you’ve still got all week to get it to the shops. With digital it’s just a matter of flicking a switch at 11.59.59 on Monday night.

grant666uk

Thought my game had unlocked early as I got the intro video and menu then... come back on the 27th. Arghhhh So close !!

grant666uk

I got mine too - I may have worked out how to join the two bits together by the time the game launches!
How long is the cable joining both parts mate ? Want to see if I can sit on my lazyboy with a stick on each arm rest.

Dazza Cole

How long is the cable joining both parts mate ? Want to see if I can sit on my lazyboy with a stick on each arm rest.
mine is now attached so I can’t measure, but I think that should be doable. My understanding is that they have designed it so that it can go either side of a keyboard. Just bear in mind that as it is packages, there is more cable already pre-wound underneath the throttle so you can extend it further than it initially seems.

grant666uk

STANNY08

How do I add them or is that PC only?

Is anyone buying the deluxe/premium version, I'm going to see what its like first and if I really enjoy it I might be tempted to go for the premium with the extra detailed airports and extra planes.

I've bought the premium deluxe version. Really can't wait for it!

It did quite a large download yesterday, 2 parts totalling 90 something Gig, but the store says it should be 140ish gig so seems like there is more to download!

Zaichik

I think the sun must be getting to me. Even though I have no idea if I'm even going to like the game, I've bought some rudder pedals on ebay to go with my flight stick!

OldSnake

image.jpg

Can’t wait for this. Love a bit of Train Sim too, but this wow.

Hit the shortcut on the Xbox dashboard by mistake (yup got it added already :), and i got super excited when it booted to the Title screen with little cutaway of planes (amazing!) haha - of course, you click and it says come back on the 27th - but for a glory few seconds.

Giving this a spin on Gamepass but could well buy anyway as this looks just amazing.

gunner84

Distinguished Member
View attachment 1545306
Can’t wait for this. Love a bit of Train Sim too, but this wow.

Hit the shortcut on the Xbox dashboard by mistake (yup got it added already :), and i got super excited when it booted to the Title screen with little cutaway of planes (amazing!) haha - of course, you click and it says come back on the 27th - but for a glory few seconds.

Giving this a spin on Gamepass but could well buy anyway as this looks just amazing.

Its what I plan to do if I love it, and find the controls fine via the pad I may very well buy one of the premium/ deluxe versions, this is hopefully a game that I will play on/off for years to come so the outlay on the pricey editions will be worth it in the long run. But its a good idea to try the base game free on gamepass first.

rowedav

Distinguished Member
Anyone have any info on whether the offline pack (50gb) is worth downloading? Saw a screenshot on twitter that compared offline with online and offline looked far worse - I guess as it was a static data that wasn't streaming in additional data and weather etc. - but not sure whether that was accurate or not.

Anyone any the wiser on this?

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 4th August 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
KEF adds Ci160ES to Architectural Speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Hisense increases Laser TV sales following Euros