Microsoft Flight Simulator X? - NEW PC

luke0380

Standard Member
Hi all .

I am replacing an old computer, running Windows XP which is mainly used for flight simulators.

I am led to believe the latest version of MS flight Sim is Flight Simulator X which is now a few years old.

I want to be able to buy a computer that will run this game, I am unsure if it will even be compatible with Windows 8... and don't want to buy a computer until I am sure it will work.

I also need to see if a Flightstick Pro USB would work with Windows 8 too.

I am not sure if there is a MS Flight Simulator forum going around somewhere but would be useful to find out this information from somewhere if anyone has any ideas.

MavAV

Hi all .

I am replacing an old computer, running Windows XP which is mainly used for flight simulators.

I am led to believe the latest version of MS flight Sim is Flight Simulator X which is now a few years old.

I want to be able to buy a computer that will run this game, I am unsure if it will even be compatible with Windows 8... and don't want to buy a computer until I am sure it will work.

I also need to see if a Flightstick Pro USB would work with Windows 8 too.

I am not sure if there is a MS Flight Simulator forum going around somewhere but would be useful to find out this information from somewhere if anyone has any ideas.

I found the following article useful for Windows 7 and presumably would be applicable to Windows 8;

Solution to Microsoft Flight Simulator X “side-by-side” Error — Jon's View

Also running the fsx.exe file in windows XP compatibility mode seemed to help.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom