Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020)

Thug

Looks great and similar to mine.
I also use a Streamdeck too.

IMG_6823.jpg

You need to add motion to yours now.

DucatiRossi46

Theres never been a better time to start :p
just doing my first few missions. Chose a good night to do it with 18 knot crosswinds in my cessna 😂 - scope seems good. Would love to see it cater to small airlines and have some online functionality to it. In fact id happily pay for such a system.

bl0ckev

Does anyone else have issues when landing that ATC just doesn't offer taxi to gates or parking and therefore kind of doesnt "end" the flight ?

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Silly question.... These DLC packs with missions and career.structure.etc.are they free or do you have to buy them?..... So tempted to splurge.
Edit just checked neofly is free and seems great...... If (when) I get fs2020 I will get that for sure

Last edited:

andymckay2001

I use the Streamdeck (15 button model) and its great.
Not only is it great for FS2020, but i also use it for racing games (not easy in VR though) and CoD:MW.

Having 'only' 15 buttons is a none issue as you can have as many as you wish by allowing each to open up another panel of buttons.
So i have one for LIGHTS which opens up a section for putting lights on/off.
I have another for CAMERA so i can change to internal/external camera, Drone, or seat positioning.
I also have then for AUTO PILOT, ACTIVE PAUSE etc.
You can also make all the buttons personalised with different images/pictures to depict each action.
You don't happen to have the profile that you use. Going to make my own but just want to get a feel for what to put where. Cheers

Thug

I downloaded icons off the internet and just focused on those I used the most.

fredsie

Want a challenge?
Search for LUKLA and try to land there (any aircraft).

I searched on Google for 'Most Dangerous Airports in the world' and this was one of them.
Come in too fast and you hit the mountain behind.
Come in too slow and you hit the mountain before the landing strip.
You CANT go round again, once you are committed you either land or crash.

Taking off is also scary, even in a sim (cant wait for the terror in VR).
And the final thing, if you've sorted all that: if you brake too much after landing, and don't make it to the right turn onto the parking at the top, you roll backwards down the runway. And in the little plane I used, there's not enough power to get it moving again against the slope.

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Got the premium deluxe edition for Xmas. Technically I can't use it yet.

Thug

Got the premium deluxe edition for Xmas. Technically I can't use it yet.
I have a feeling it will be great with the G2 Mike.
I'm sure you will love it.

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Pretty sure it will be great in all headsets. I wonder how long thebWMR exclusivity will last

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
Are there any android apps that can be used for display panels? I’m currently building up some peripherals and have two kindle fires that I don’t use so thinking of trying to hook them up as display panels. One as the flight instruments and one as gps.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom