Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020)

Tiger Feet

@Goooner When you did your re-install, did you have the blue loading bar for hours?

Mine has got to around 3/4s across and seems to have stalled. Although if thats the progress of the download, im not concerned at this stage. I would expect my download to take around 3 or 4 hours I think.

I know that they changed the install process in that last patch, but last time i had the blue bar for a couple of minutes, then the screen changed to the download/progress type page....

I'll give it a few hours before tinkering....

Tiger Feet

I tinkered...

It wasnt working correctly... I closed it down via Task Manager, fired it back up and I know have the proper installation progress bar (I think).....

Goooner

Distinguished Member
No.

It installed the little bit, launched the game, got the blue bar, but I don’t recall it taking any longer than normal, then it sat on the set your experience for a good few minutes then the download bar appeared.

This will be the third time I’ve installed and they’ve all been the same, no significant delay with the blue bar.

On another note, had another control lock up last night. In the cockpit no response from keys, mouse, joystick or throttle. Go back to settings, check the controls all working as normal.

I’m wondering if it’s maybe some sort of conflict with OnAir? I started up OA then FS night, maybe that’s the issue? Seems odd that everything works in the menus and as soon as OA starts monitoring, nothing.

Will have to do some further testing, but OnAir is the only common thing now I’m using a different controller and multiple google searches don’t bring up any similar issues, so it can’t be a common problem.

Maybe I’ll mention it on the OnAir forum and see if anyone else has experienced similar.

Tiger Feet

Cheers Goooner. My download seems to be working now, although it does say its 95Gb... not 110-ish as expected for Premium... I'll let it runs its course. (weirdly, on my first attempt, it did say 110gb :facepalm: )

Ive read about other people losing all control in flight. Apparently if you bring up the VFR map it brings everything back to life. The default key is V... but I dont know if that will work if your Keyboard isnt responding...

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Got to be worth a try!

The mouse pointer moves but can’t right click to change the view or click on any controls, I wonder if it would let me select anything from the menu bar at the top? I’ll try that next time.

Meant to say before, as we’ve now bought the Premium Deluxe, it would automatically install all the extra stuff, but it doesn’t.

You’ll still need to go to the content manager and download the extra bits. It just list the upgrades in the market place as owned, so it obviously treats them as separate rather than a whole thing. Seems and odd way of doing it to me, but there you go.

Sunshinewelly

Distinguished Member
for some reason i now cant get past the loading screen where you have the fisrt picture of the plane in flight - i juts get an infinate loading circle on the bottom right of screen. music continues to play in background

not sure why this is as i have been playing it with no issues since launch

Tiger Feet

Right now?

Hmmm, just looked at my download and thats no longer downloading anything. Maybe the servers are down or something.

Tiger Feet

Another close down & re-launch and my download has picked up where it left off.... for now.

Why do I get the feeling I wont be flying tonight!? I wont be happy if ive got to spend time with the wife! :rotfl:

Stockholm

For anybody thinking of getting a 3080 specifically for FS 2020.

Going by those charts I'd expect to hit 60fps at 4k with custom settings (mostly high) on bush trip flights. I can hit 40fps at those settings most of the time with my 2060 but in the cities that'll drop down to the teens and twenties depending on how many trees are rendered. By far the choppiest place I've been so far was over Tony Soprano's house where it was dropping down to 8fps sometimes. Guess I need to grease his palms if I want more.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Where is Tony's house? I'd be interested to see what I get.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
I'm on 1440p so with everything on high, so I'll see what I get.

Tiger Feet

Im a little bit disappointed by the 3080 for MSFS in that vid. Sure who wouldn't want 60FPS, but im mostly getting 35-45 on my 1080Ti... Hmmmmm.

Without turning this into the Nvidia thread, maybe a 3080ti/3090 would make all the difference..... Or sort out the GPU utilisation!

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Haven't got a clue what my FPS is, it looks good and smooth, so I've never bothered to check.

Tiger Feet

Well, dont know what to make of this... it looks jerky as hell but he does have everything maxed out in settings including render scale at 200.

Stein67

Any word on when this will come out on the XBOX series X?

Goooner

Distinguished Member
1440p 100 render is plenty enough for me, looks gorgeous.

Tiger Feet

Yup crazy at 200. I'm running 90 as that seems to be the sweet spot for looks and FPS on my setup.

This is a better review/video. Looks like you would have reasonable gains over the 10 series. Hopefully more so when patch 2 come out next week 👍

Stockholm

I'd play at 1440p but I can't seem to tweak it enough to stop it from looking like a scene from The Langoliers where the monsters have devoured the approaching runway before I can get there. It's so blurry and jaggy for me at 1440p seemingly regardless of settings.

Hopefully DX12 for FS2020 will be out next year and more performance can be obtained by the game from CPUs and GPUs.

Nukleuz

11gb patch just released....

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Patch notes

Tiger Feet

It's abit annoying the update is mandatory and it's taking aggggggges.

And for some reason I need to restart every 2.5gb to get it going again.