Microserver cant see PC, and vice versa ?

T

The_Caveman

Hey, I need some help….

Ok, in 1 corner I have my win 7 Desktop

In the other, my new shiny HP40 Microserver. ( Win Server 08 R2)

Both are on the network, both can access internet, etc, but, they cant see each other?

I have enabled network discovery in both.

Please help ….

DrMekon

I suppose the first place to start.. whats their IP addreses, can you ping each of them from each other?? Are they actually connected to the same router?

Any reason why your usin Win 2k8 r2.. my limited experience of it, it was a pain to set up.. Windows Home Server, built on the same OS is perfect for the average home user....

RedBull

I use 2008 R2 because I use Windows Server OS's day-to-day at work. It should be straight forward to get working with just two machines on a network.

Are IP's in the same range? 255.255.255.0 subnet mask is adequate for the home, and if you use consecutive IP addresses - something like 192.168.1.10 and 192.168.1.11 - and switch off Windows Firewall on both machines, you shouldn't have any problems. If you can ping the IP address of the other machine but can't ping it by name it indicates a problem with DNS.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom