1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

microphone for sony camera

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by gshayer, Jun 20, 2004.

1. gshayer

gshayer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

i would like some suggestions for a good quality mic for my sony digital camcorder i have the sony DCR-PC120e. i'm not fussed about price except i want an excellent mic for recording live concerts...

thanks

g

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    Well I don't know how far you can push your budget, but if you want an excellent mic then you wont get much better (without spending really silly money) than the Sennheiser K6 microphone system.
    You can get the starter system for £379 from Here
    If that is a bit too rich for your blood then try the Audio-Technics AT835 for £189 from the same place.
    Or the Sennheiser MKE300D for £179.99 from Here but worth looking around as I'm sure I've seen this cheaper elsewhere.

Well thats a couple of mics to have a look at.

HTH,
    Mark.

3. gshayer

gshayer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mark

thanks for the reply, the first link you provided doesen't seem to work? will all these mic's just slot onto the fixing on top of the camera? been using the sony ECMHS1 but it picks up so much interference real pain in the ass....

thanks

g

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    I have checked the first link and the web addy is correct, so I assume that their site is down at the moment. They are a company called Video Action Proffessional 020 8209 0909 and I got their information from Computer Video Editing mag (well worth a read IMO). Might be worth giving them a call on Monday.

Yes the mics I suggested all have a hotshoe attachment for attaching to the top of your camcorder and then they just plug in to the cam via the mic in socket (your cam does have a mic in socket doesn't it?). On the K6 the attachment is an extra, but is supplied in the starter kit.
    Any of the mics I suggested should cut down on unwanted noise and interference as they are high quality and fairly directional mics. This should also help to reduce any noise that is picked up from the cam itself by the internal or a cheap mic.

another site to check out mics is www.ukprovideo.com and I think www.lektropacks.co.uk also do mics

Mark.

5. gshayer

gshayer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mark

just 1 q.

been using the ECMHS1 and lately i found when i've made recordings i've been experiencing high pitch 'screeching' this never happened before and this has occured in several different venues, could the mic be faulty?

looks like i'm going for the k6 by the way!

6. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    It's hard to tell what the problem is without hearing it and playing around with the cam & mic. It could be a number of things, but I would guess there is a problem with the mic if it was working before without problems. You could also try borrowing a mic just to make sure its not a problem with the cam!

Mark.

ps, K6 - great choice :smashin: . It has loads of options for adding on to the kit as your requirements grow/change.