Microlink dLan High Speed Electrical Networking

A

Andy1

Hi - I am having significant problems with connecting to the net via Orange Wireless, and a techie has suggested moving from wireless to a MicroLink dLan whereby the internet is transmitted through your homes' standard electrical cabling. More pricey than "hardwiring" but seems a lot more flexible.

Has anyone any experience of this (I am looking at the Develo / Microlink dLan High Speed Starter Kit from Maplins at £99) ?

Also, has anyone any idea how I check if I have (hopefully) only one ring main, as it obviously cannot transmit across ringmains. Can I tell by looking at the main fuse box (if so, what should I be looking for ?)

Many thanks for any help you can give.

beerhunter

Novice Member
What you are describing is an implementation of HomePlug. For general purpose use I'd recommend using the 85 Mb/s types. You can buy them significantly cheaper than £100 for a pair. A seller on a well known auction site current has them for about half that. (Be careful about VAT for this kind of stuff. At least one of the cheeky B*****s puts VAT on after you have bid.)

Why won't they 'obviously' not work across ring mains? I'd better go and tell the two that I have doing just that to to stop it at once. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom