Microfiber Cloth for PSP Screen

Tube Screamer

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and was hoping someone might be able to help me locate some microfiber cloth which I am trying to track down.

The cloth in question came supplied with a Sony PSP I purchased some years back, and it is without doubt the best type I have ever used. It measures approximately 5x5 inches and has an unusual velvety type feel, but ultimately, is so extremely soft, it literally will not mark even the softest of plastics, even if scrubbed hard. I use it for hand held game screens (PSP), watch crystals, expensive camera lenses etc, and I wanted to try and get some more as the piece I have now is getting a bit worn.

Although it may look similar, it is not the same, more satin feeling cloth which is supplied with eye glasses.. it is far softer than that, and is also far more efficient at removing marks and fingerprints.

I've attached a couple of images to show the cloth in question. I'm sure many of you will have also received them with your PSP too:

As you can see, it is not the 'towel' type microfiber cloth which is commonly available everywhere, it leaves no stray hairs as that stuff does, and it has a lot of 'drag' as you wipe it across a smooth surface, effortlessly removing fingerprints without any risk of scratching what so ever. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone.

The problem is, I just don't know where to purchase them separately.. or even what they are actually called. As I said, I got it along with the Sony PSP some years back, and I do know that they also came supplied with certain accessories too, as I did have another at some point, which I unfortunately misplaced.

I was just hoping that someone might either know exactly what this cloth is actually called so that I can try and locate another, or maybe suggest where I could purchase them from separately?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated

Russ

Have you tried microfibers designed for cameras? Those require some pretty high quality to avoid scratching the lenses.

Thank you for the reply.

I do have one of those yes, and it's not bad at all.. but it's still not as good as those which came supplied with the PSP. I'd still really like to find out where I could purchase those from.

Thanks

Russ

Thank you for the reply.

I do have one of those yes, and it's not bad at all.. but it's still not as good as those which came supplied with the PSP. I'd still really like to find out where I could purchase those from.

Thanks

Russ
I'm pretty sure you can't buy them separate unfortunately. Does it not have a manufacture tag on it?

it's hard to tell but this one looks similar to the one posted in the OP

G&BL MFC3043 Micro Fiber Cloth: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Or this one: PLEMO Microfiber Cleaning Cloths Tissues for Cell: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Actually, this one looks nearly identical to the pattern on the second pic: PLEMO Microfiber Cleaning Cloths Tissues for Cell: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Could also try this one as it gets really good ratings and is used on instruments: Ernie Ball Microfiber Polishing Cloth: Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thank you for all the helpful replies guys. The cloths in those links do look very similar, but it's very difficult to tell from the pictures. I think it's going to be a case of picking one and hoping for the best.

Unfortunately there is no branding on the cloth I have and so it's not giving anything away.

Thanks again for the help

Russ

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom