Micro Volunteering - just push a button for £500,000

Ivor the Engine

Prominent Member
Reaction score
This is a really easy way to get your 'did something good' kick for the day. Please click through and vote for the Alzheimer's Society and help us raise £500,000.

The Football League have shortlisted Alzheimer's Society to be their new charity partner in 2011/2012. Anyone can vote and it only takes one click on their website to take part. Voting closes at midday on 8 December.

I won't go on about what we do but when you meet someone who is 51 and can't write their name, then that tells its own story.

Thanks in advance.

The Football League | Charity Vote | OFFICIAL CHARITY VOTE

We've just finished out 18 month partnership with Alzheimer's Society, raised over £100k as a Firm so I've clicked for you. Good Luck!

This is a really easy way to get your 'did something good' kick for the day. Please click through and vote for the Alzheimer's Society and help us raise £500,000.

The Football League have shortlisted Alzheimer's Society to be their new charity partner in 2011/2012. Anyone can vote and it only takes one click on their website to take part. Voting closes at midday on 8 December.

I won't go on about what we do but when you meet someone who is 51 and can't write their name, then that tells its own story.

Thanks in advance.

The Football League | Charity Vote | OFFICIAL CHARITY VOTE

Literally just got off the phone to my dad. My Auntie's in Hospital now being assessed for Alzheimer's.

Voted.

voted :thumbsup: my father in law has just been diagnosed with it aged 58, he only retired 6 months ago, setup nicely with a large pot of cash he will never know he has soon, life can be so cruel :(

Done. Good luck.

Does this mean I dont need to do anything tomorrow for Chil in need :p

Done :)

I try to do as much fundraising as possible for the Alzheimers Society.

Around two years ago, my Gran was diagnosed with vascular dementia. At first, this presented itself with her being slightly forgetful and confused easily. Now, most days she is unable to differentiate between her children, siblings and grandchildren.
She is unable to hold basic conversations, as she is so easily confused and unable to remember things that have happened literally seconds earlier. It's heartbreaking.

However, no matter how much her illness is progressing, there is still one thing that puts a huge smile on her face; my Granddad.
She may forget who most people are, but everytime he walks through the door she runs towards him and gives him a huge hug and kiss. They then sit and hold hands for the duration of the visit, laughing at each other like they have no cares in the world. They have been married for 55 years next week and are as much in love now as the day they met (as they both regularly tell me).

For anyone interested, these YouTube videos of Terry Pratchett giving a lecture on Alzheimers (he suffers from a rare form of Alzheimer's) and assisted dying are very interesting and thought provoking - with his usual sense of humour thrown in.

[youtube]qUE3pBIuAGk[/youtube]
[youtube]4xZqArQL790[/youtube]
[youtube]27sxmL2vo80[/youtube]
[youtube]MPkUYWzYfFw[/youtube]
[youtube]do3ZYt70tg4[/youtube]
[youtube]_f6NMm__EVg[/youtube]

Can't stand anything to do with football and all that rubbish but definitely a worthy cause - done.

Thanks to all who have voted and thanks to those who have told their stories.

Please continue to vote as we have had so much success recently with winning new partnerships it would be great to continue to do so.

:thumbsup::)

Voted for Samaritans. :thumbsup:

Final bump for this as voting closes at 12 midday. Any help you can give the wonderful charity that is the Alzheimer's Society would be welcomed.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom