1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Micro System with DAB, CD and AUX - Help!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Martagnan, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Martagnan

Martagnan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello...
    Bear in mind that i'm clueless on the subject of audio systems. I am searching for a micro system with DAB and CD and an AUX input so I can attach a Netgear MP101 Wireless device. Anything more than DAB,CD and AUX will be a bonus! My budget is £160.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,243
    If you can stretch you budget a bit you can get the Onkyo CR-505 CD Receiver for £220, although this does not include speakers.

3. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,343
    I'm using a TEAC CD-H250 (http://www.teac.co.uk/reference_main.html) with some Mission speakers - it's connected to a docked iPod and a Netgear MP101 (since Saturday) - it has 2 AUX inputs. Works very well sounds great for more info about the system search for TEAC here as I've posted failry comprehensive info about it's strengths and weaknesses.
    Look at the small Denon too and if DAB is a priority then the Pure Legato looks interesting but I'm not sure if it has an Aux in.

4. Martagnan

Martagnan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help. I really do HAVE to stay within my budget (wife). So i'm currently looking at these:

Hitachi AXM75DAB or Sony CMT-GPX9DAB

Any advice still appreciated as I wont be making the leap for another couple of weeks :)

Cheers