micro sim from Orange?

FallOutBoy

Has anyone recently managed to get a Micro SIM from Orange? I tried phoning them earlier but there was a 45 minute queue so I gave up, I can't find any way or ordering one from them online, but I want to get an iP4/4S and will need to use my Orange SIM card but it's a normal-size version. Shall I just cut it down to micro sim-size instead? :rolleyes:

Has anyone got a link or number to ring specifically to order a micro SIM so I can transfer mine over? Will also need one for the missus as she wants an iP4 for xmas and I pay for her current Orange contract so we both need them ASAP!

Sukh88

Novice Member
Apparently you will need to call them (I assume Customer Services) and order one through there, or as mentioned above go to a phone shop and ask if they have a sim cutter.

Here's the link regarding micro sims for the new iPhones:

Orange micro SIM | help & support | Orange UK

Edit: You can try dialling 150 (pay monthly) or 450 (pay as you go) to get in contact with Orange.

Last edited:

FallOutBoy

Apparently you will need to call them (I assume Customer Services) and order one through there, or as mentioned above go to a phone shop and ask if they have a sim cutter.

Here's the link regarding micro sims for the new iPhones:

Orange micro SIM | help & support | Orange UK

Edit: You can try dialling 150 (pay monthly) or 450 (pay as you go) to get in contact with Orange.

Thanks, but that's what I tried. The website doesn't seem to help at all, I tried calling 150 and going through their robotic menus lol I couldn't get anywhere near where I wanted to be (requesting a microsim) and when I managed to get through to talk to a real person it said I was in a 45 minute queue! I think I will just print out a template and cut our SIMs down to size!!

Swinkid

Standard Member
I rang orange earlier since im also getting an iphone soon. There trying to get me on a £10 iphone bolt on, and im refusing to do so. Sicne it was late, there manager will be calling me tomorow, and im going to go higher and higher until i get a result. People didnt have to pay more for a new micro sim, so i don't expect to either.

They tried giving me this ******** that the data was different and that its new technologie, no, it isn't. The networks are the same as my phone, then he said iphones use more data, I clearly said no they don't since i can disable my data. I know how mobile networks work - and from specs i've found on the internet of my current phone and orange, there is no reason why it is different and won't work.

I'm not going to be paying this extra money inless i seriously get a good deal for it. The only difference with the sims is the size, its complete rubbish and garbish. I've started to threaten them with watchdog and Ofcom now, because this is utter crap that i need to pay more just to use a branded iPhone, which is no different to any other phone other than the sim size. Goodluck guys, i'll tell you how it goes, im going to keep my heels in the ground until they give in.

Ive also threatened them that i will leave orange, and take my family with me who are also on contracts. We'll all happily pay the fee to get out the contract, since this is utter crap.

Last edited:

FallOutBoy

Will orange shops cut it down to size for you then? No questions asked?

Nobody said that LOL. I'm going to cut the SIM card down myself. Orange won't do it, but they'll send you a micro sim (and probably try to charge you extra for an 'iPhone' tariff too!

I rang orange earlier since im also getting an iphone soon. There trying to get me on a £10 iphone bolt on, and im refusing to do so. Sicne it was late, there manager will be calling me tomorow, and im going to go higher and higher until i get a result. People didnt have to pay more for a new micro sim, so i don't expect to either.

They tried giving me this ******** that the data was different and that its new technologie, no, it isn't. The networks are the same as my phone, then he said iphones use more data, I clearly said no they don't since i can disable my data. I know how mobile networks work - and from specs i've found on the internet of my current phone and orange, there is no reason why it is different and won't work.

I'm not going to be paying this extra money inless i seriously get a good deal for it. The only difference with the sims is the size, its complete rubbish and garbish. I've started to threaten them with watchdog and Ofcom now, because this is utter crap that i need to pay more just to use a branded iPhone, which is no different to any other phone other than the sim size. Goodluck guys, i'll tell you how it goes, im going to keep my heels in the ground until they give in.

Ive also threatened them that i will leave orange, and take my family with me who are also on contracts. We'll all happily pay the fee to get out the contract, since this is utter crap.

It's disgusting that companies are still trying to charge customers a premium just for having an iPhone! Really pathetic. The thing is, you could require the micro sim for a new Motorola RAZR or Nokia Lumia 800, since they use the smaller sim now too, and more new phones will do in the future. I bet Orange won't try to charge you for a £10 bolt-on for those phones! Silly people.

Swinkid

Standard Member
Well I have a normal sim already on a iPhone contract, so they should just send me a micro sim then?

Yes - Give them a ring, but don't be suprised if they try selling you something you don't need..

I'll get back to you all on how my phone call goes later on, I expect i won't win, but life goes on....

EDIT: Orange did ring back, what a suprise, and agreed to send me the SIM. REJOICE!

Last edited:

Sholmes484

Standard Member
pressed the numbers to get me through to someone in the bills department, query about my bill etc.

im currently on an iphone contract but its a 3gs iphone so has the large micro sim.

didnt try to sell me anything, no extra cost, just got to swap ime numbers over when the new sim arrives and ive decided what new phone to get!

Sholmes484

Standard Member
pressed the numbers to get me through to someone in the bills department, query about my bill etc.

im currently on an iphone contract but its a 3gs iphone so has the large micro sim.

didnt try to sell me anything, no extra cost, just got to swap ime numbers over when the new sim arrives and ive decided what new phone to get!

Swinkid

Standard Member

Stupid! What tarrif are you on? They shouldnt charge me any more, they didnt say they would, but if they do ***** going down.. :3

danny54

Novice Member
Has anyone used the micro sim card cutter. You can buy them on play.com. They cut chips to fit in iPhones. I have not tried yet but will when my contract is up so I can move off iPhone tariff.

FallOutBoy

Has anyone used the micro sim card cutter. You can buy them on play.com. They cut chips to fit in iPhones. I have not tried yet but will when my contract is up so I can move off iPhone tariff.

Bought one on eBay for about £3 inc post from UK, arrived today and I used it to cut my missus' Orange SIM down to micro SIM size no problem, worked a treat! :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom