Micro sim.. best / cheapest PAYG carrier?

davemulheran

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hey all

I need to get a seconf micro sim, just for texts really. Who is the best / cheapest for PAYG at the moment?

cheers

Dave

giffgaff texts are 4p each, or £5 for 1 months unlimited texts

They use the O2 network. They don't currently offer microsims but cutting-down a sim is a piece of cake if you haven't already tried it

Also you get a £5 airtime credit if you get an existing giffgaff member to refer you. I've been using them for a little while now and found it to be an excellent service

Also worth noting that as long as you topup £10 every 3 months, you get free unlimited calls & texts to other giffgaff members. Which might work out cheaper if you wanted to send a lot of txts to the missus etc. Oh and 0800 numbers are always free to all members too :)

Last edited:
hmmm, interesting! thanks for the info! seems quite good!

would kind of prefer a ready to go micro sim though.

I just used one of those cutting templates from the internet. Used a ruler to mark the cut-lines on the sim card and then cut with scissors. Trimmed down gradually to make it fit

I've done 3 sims so far and all worked 100% :) A family member has just got one of those sim-cutter machines so I'm gonna try that next time!

If you get stuck i can cut you a normal 02 PAYG sim into a micro sim using my micro sim cutting tool. ;)

T-mobile are also cheap PAYG, 3p a text. But they haven't released a mirco sim yet either, but they should be soon.

GiffGaff sims are a doddle to cut to size. Pick up a template and off you go. Mine was working in less than 5 minutes, and that's without a template :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom