• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Micro/Mini hi-fi suggestions (£300 ish)

Alloneword

Standard Member
OK I'm getting rid of my very old technicis hifi, never used the turntable or double tape decks and it's jst too big for the room i have now so been looking at these Denon kind of mini/micro systems something on the lines of DM39 or the DRA-F109DAB (but can't find that on it's own), as i say my budget is about £300 I could go a bit more if i had too but would rather not.

I want to hook up my Sony 46EX723 to it, as well as my ipod but it would be nice if ipod could go in some kind of dock rather then just on the end of it's usb lead, i don't mind if dock is external, i'm not that fussed about a cd player but DAB+ and FM would be handy and a few extra inputs for later some digital and some analouge, i do have my old speakers would it be wise to dump these (came with technicis unit and must be 20+ years old) and buy new or would they still be ok, i do like to crank my tunes up a bit and listen to stuf like mike oldfield, jarre, daft punk, 80's, adeale, floyd, marley in another words a wide mix, also am i missing something that you consider a must have.

All1

Attachments

• 46ex723.jpg
    46ex723.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 119

larkone

Distinguished Member
The DM39 is a good machine for the price. You could connect your TV using the optical connection to the Denon. There are plenty of speakers around the £100 to £150 mark that would suit, Tannoy V1, Mission MX1, QAcoustics 2010i, Kef iQ10 etc. Also the DM39 has a sub out socket so you could add a sub later and a dedicated iPod USB socket that charges as well. The limitation is the number of additional sockets as it only has one analogue input on the back.

Alloneword

Standard Member
Thanks for the replies guys, I must admit that Marantz looks awefull but the reviews i have read do rate it highly, so as me ma always said never jusdge a book by it's cover.

larkone sorry to sound like a noob but what advantage would it be to me if i had more analogue inputs? Isn't everything going digital nowadays.

All1

larkone

Distinguished Member
Because you asked this 'and a few extra inputs for later some digital and some analouge'

Alloneword

Standard Member
OK thanks larkone I am leanig towards the CR603 due to some great reviews i have read both from the pro's and joe public but to be honest i didn't want to spend that much as i'll want to buy speakers to go with it but i think i may just buy unit now and go back in a couple of months for the speakers, does anyone have any suggestions for speakers to go with the CR603 budget will be about £150 max.

All1

Magnus

Standard Member
Do go through some of the reviews for speakers up to £150. U can select by price range. Some of those speakers recommended by larkone are inside too.

Hi-fi speakers | whathifi.com

OK thanks larkone I am leanig towards the CR603 due to some great reviews i have read both from the pro's and joe public but to be honest i didn't want to spend that much as i'll want to buy speakers to go with it but i think i may just buy unit now and go back in a couple of months for the speakers, does anyone have any suggestions for speakers to go with the CR603 budget will be about £150 max.

All1

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom