Micro Drama Domino 18h / 20h

J

Jean

Hello everybody,
(Well, more specially Jeff RTFM)

I'm a frenchy guy, :hiya: and here comes my question:
I was looking for a Dom 18h, but no way to find it here in France (neither in the UK i think!). Is it going to be Sold in Europe?
For me HDMI is a real valuable port, but the only way to have this option is to buy a Dom 20h much more expensive!!!
Merely my problem is:
for this amount we can afford a VP with 1280*720 hd2+ like optoma h78 and even the brand new Dark Chip3 with Benq8700+.

I really need your help folks before taking my decision, the retailer is waiting for me next Tuesday.
:lease:

best regards.

Hi Jean,

The Domino 18 shoud be available in France as there is an EU version.

Here in he UK we are about to launch a little black box that accepts a DVI/HDMI input HDCP compliant and outputs RGBHV which can be connected to the VGA input on the Domino 18. Which means the 18 can now accept in theory a digital input.

Regards

Alan Roser
SIM2 UK Ltd

Thanks for you're info :thumbsup:
(Yes, the Domino 18 is available here in France too! But i was looking for the 18H model).

This little "magic" box tries to upgrade the Dom 18 to a 18H isn't it,So this means the 18H won't be retailed in Europe!!! :suicide:

Excuse me for the weird question but:

the vga port is an "ANALOG" port. How to send digital signal using this one?
Is it going to be just a Fake to use this DVI or HDMI connection? : :confused:

Cheers!

Firstly before anybody accuses me of Sim2 bashing, i have the greatest respect and admiration for the Sim2 Brand.

The decision by Sim2 to bring out a 18 model has always puzzled me, if they wanted market an non hdmi domino model then they already had the Domino 20.

So the decision now to bring out a little black box to allow the connection from dvi/hdmi is an odd development. Could Sim2 not just allowed Europe to sell the 18H which is available in the US and save themselves the bother.

Foghorn

Jean,

The device Alan mentioned will turn a digital HDCP signal into an analogue signal thus allowing owners of Sim2 projectors that don't have a digital input to be used with HDCP digital sources from players like the Pioneer 668/868 and the HDCP Sky boxes when they come to market next year.

Jeff :rtfm:

Will this 'little black box' thingy work with my ht200dm??????????

And how much we looking at for said miracle device?

Phil

Taking into account the benefit of a little black box for non-digital projectors shows Sim2 consideration for owners of pre HDMI machines and therefore backs up my justified admiration for Sim2.

Doesn't alter my thoughts about the Domino 18 though, after all the 18 was launched after Sim2 had introduced HDMI to the rest of the range.

Foghorn

How much you reckon they will want for said box?500 quid?

The Little Black Box will cost £295 inc vat. and Jeff is right we bought this in for all of our customers who have older non-digital SIM2 projectors.

I must stress that this is a non SIM2 product and not all SIM2 distributors will be selling it. This is limited to the UK only.

The unit can also help CRT projector owners who want to use digtal equipped source product. The unit simply coverts the digtal input to an analogue one, what you put in you get out - upto 1080p. The output is high bandwith RGBHV which you feed vi the vga input or the RGBHV BNC input on your display. Picture quality is stunning

A lot has been written recently about the many plasmas that will not take the forthcoming SKY HD digital output - this little box may be the solution.

However, there will be instances where any display type may not take a 720p/1080i @ 50hz via the vga input. It will be up to the user to identify this because this little black box does nothing more than a straight digital to analogue conversion which is HDCP compliant.

The Domino 18H was for the American market only - sorry!

Regards

Alan Roser
SIM2 UK Ltd

Thanks for all buddies! :thumbsup:
What a great family! :smashin: Now i see more clearly what to do.
The 20H is only good choice for me if still want to own one of this magnificent VP. But first, i must try a Hold up and become the king of the thieves to be able to buy one :rotfl:
So, no offence folk! But i'm going to make up my mind. An HD2+ VP like the H78 or the BenQ 8700+ but with 2000 hrs Lamp (750€ each) :oops:

Or 1024*576 ED2 fitted with a 6000 hrs lamp !!!. :rolleyes:

Real HD capable or Stunning and Gorgeous Movie like picture. That's the question.

Best regards to all of you. :hiya:

Phil,

the Gefen unit does not mention anything about being HDCP compliant so it would not be so versatile as the unit Alan mentioned.

Appears to be similar - I'm not claiming anything unique here just something very useful. The key here is ours is confirmed HDCP compliant.

Regards

Alan

Can it be HDCP compliant and still output analogue (HD)?

OK now I'm totally confused. Why do all the other manufacturers disable high res analogue for copy protected content if it's not an HDCP compliance requirement?

What could be the interest of this little box if it is unable to send a copy protected signal??? :confused:

better spare 300 pounds
Jean

Jean,

I now have one of these devices and it works extremely well. Picture quality is excellent. I have been using it with a Domino 18 for testing purposes.

It will be very useful for projector owners whose units do not have a digital input or a digital input that is not HDCP compliant.

Jean: The point is that it does pass a copy protected signal. Jeff(not RTFM JEFF) was pointing out that to be an HDCP licence holder and to follow the rules of your licence you cannot make a box like this. He was pointing out that t's likely the manufacturer is therefor not a licence holder but that they have designed a device to circumvent the HDCP encryption.

gORDON

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom