• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Mico Hi-Fi

majortom34

I'm looking for a fairly budget Mini Hi-Fi (to around £120) to replace one that's just about to fail in my bedroom (speakers are fine, head unit keeps dropping the FM signal)

Main requirements

CD player
FM/AM/DAB
AUX and/or Line in
Remote (is this generally standard)

It would be nice to be able to plug in and play MP3s via a USB HDD or stick, but this isn't essential (as I could play via the line in + iPod).

Sound quality needs to be OK with minimal hiss at low volume levels (due to use at night), and silent use when playing CDs (the current one tends to whir a bit when spinning the CD).

Buy SONY CMT-EH45 | Dab micro hifi system - Specification | Comet looks OK - are there other options out there?

majortom34

Thanks, but a bit out of my budget, especially if I have to go buy speakers as well (two minds whether I want to or not - the old stereo will do as a spare bedroom/kitchen thing for a while)

S Bibby

Hi,
There are also some Yamaha Minis on sale from time to time - might be worth a look? They have most of these features and decent build quality IMO.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom