1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mico DVD808D Prog Scan Problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by loz, Mar 25, 2005.

1. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,796
    Anyone else had problems with this machine in prog scan mode?

Picture is fine with normal component, but switching on prog scan results in a very noticable loss of quality. I mean it is awful, full of noise and interference, and moire patterns.

It's not my TV or leads as I have another prog scan player which gives perfect results.

Also it was very fussy about media.
    Several recordings got rejected as "unknown disk", whereas my other player was fine with them.

2. bikeboyz

bikeboyz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only used this machine to demo a 26" LCD Sonix tv with progressive scanning. Shark's Tale was stunning on this setup. Only thing I found it was little clumsy when pressing proscan on the remote to switch out of rgb/comp to progressive it was either a picture or black screen which became confusing.

3. commander-vimes

commander-vimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have the same machine, i found that the picture quality is excellent and havent found a dvd it can't play yet, the only time i had trouble was when i placed my sky box on top of it in the shelf to make room for some more equipment then it did virtualy the same as yours, i came to the conclusion that it was overheating so swaped its position and raised it up with a couple of 5mm spacers to allow ventilation, it seems to have worked as i havent had any trouble with it since...hope this is of some help