1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mico Clasica 20

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by shez316, Mar 17, 2002.

1. shez316

shez316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    This player is on sale at Siansburys for £89.99. It got a very favourable review in home cinema choice (I haven't seen the review, can someone comment) I was wondering if it was worth picking up. People on other forums are saying the picture is comparable with the Tosh 210. Do these cheap players last? Any comments?

2. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi

All I can tell you is that it also got a good review in the What Video and TV magazine. It reads quite a healthy number of formats including DVD+RW discs.DVD-R discs.MP3,and CDRW/R discs.

3. billduff

billduff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my girlfriend one for her birthday and she is more than happy with it. She is using a 12 year old Tosh TV with Composite input.

It doesnt match the picture quality of mine (Tosh 2109) but it is very impressive for £99. (you get what you pay for).

I hooked it up to my system for a test before I wrapped it up and I am now thinking it will be worth is as a 2nd DVD player in the bedroom. It is multi-region (not out of the box as the review said but its only a 4digit code to get to the setup menu and set region to 13. The next page disables MacroVision as well.)

I cant fault it. if you want GREAT quality on picture and sound spend some more money. If you want GOOD quality for £99 you cant go wrong.

Cheers

Bill

4. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know what outputs it has? ie:6 channels, RF or Toslink?

Thanks

DaveP

5. billduff

billduff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I definatly has

1 x S-Video
    1 x Optical TOSLINK
    1 x Co-Ax Digital
    1 x Composite Video
    1 x Component Output (3 x RCA)
    1 x SCART (not sure if its RGB)
    1 x Stereo Phono (2x RCA)

I honestly cant remember if it has 5.1 outputs or not, but I dont think so. With the digital outs it shouldn't matter though as you can use one of those.

No DVD player that I know of has RF connectors (why would you want them.... mono... s**t picture etc), but I am willing to be corrected.

Bill