• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Mickey Rooney

LicensedTaximan

R.I.P Mickey Rooney. At 93 more of a celebration of life in this instance rather than anything else. Never the less a sad passing of a legend with over 200 films to his credit. I believe it to be around 300 or so. This figure is not rivalled, apparently, by any other actor....So far.

BBC News - Hollywood legend Mickey Rooney dies aged 93

Garrett

One of the most married actors clocking up 8 marriages jammy sod had Elaine Devry also his first marriage was to Ava Gardner. Looks like the last one he married was a keeper who he was still married to at the end after 36 years.

Its hard to pin down who has the most films as a lot of Mickeys 300 will be mixed in with TV programs. think the record for most appearances is Charles Lane with 800 of them mixed in. And Christopher Lee has a good number under his belt.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
I guess there will not be many who have not seen one of his films or heard his voice, but without really knowing the name.

RIP

Garrett

Top of the world, Ma........................
The first film I ever saw - in about 1958 I would think.
Thought that was James Cagney from White Heat?

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
He was great in Night at The Museum!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom