1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

michael keaton to be in batman begins 2...

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by oxygenuk, Oct 26, 2005.

1. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds25505.html

thatd be fantastic :devil: :thumbsup:

2. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    That would be awesome, who remembers Beetlejuice? :D

Mind you, all of the actors put forward would be a good choice, not too sure about Penn, but Paul Bettany is a superb actor, Mark Hamill actually plays psycho quite well :), but Keaton, that would be a nice touch, and I can see fans appreciating that due to his own superb performance as the Batman.

Oooooh, my spine is just plain tingling all over :D :clap:

3. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As long as they dont have the same bloody stupid way of filming the fight scenes...If they televised a world boxing match in the same style there would be millions complaining

4. grimoor

grimoor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I'm a little worried on how they will do the Joker. It could ruin a lot of the feel of what the new movie gave if it's too over the top.

5. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    Michael Keaton can do insane well. He'd be a good choice, plus the whole irony thing as well. :)

6. The_kUrGaN

The_kUrGaN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Michael Keaton is a great choice...and chance for him to do something decent for a change.

I agree about the fight scenes in 'Begins'...they annoyed the heck outta me. Not good. I'm always suspicious of fight scenes that moves so fast you can hardly tell what's happening......what are they hiding?

7. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,820
    What was wrong with the fight scenes? I watched Batman Begins yesterday and thought the film was excellent and didn't notice anything wrong.

Keaton was good as a nutter in Pacific Heights.

8. Will Scarlet

Will Scarlet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +250
    The whole point of the way the fight scenes are done is to emphasise his elusiveness. One of the key parts of his ninja training was to make himself as invisible as possible, now you see him now you don't. Speed and movement is the key. The only way to really give that impression on film is the way Nolan did. Lots of cuts and blurring of movement, it is meant to be chaotic. This guy isn't a boxer, he doesn't stand toe to toe with his opponent. You are not supposed to be able to focus on him, it is completely in step with the whole concept of the character and the fear he induces in his foes. You're never quite sure where he is, especially when you are fighting him.

9. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    That's a fair point, but I'd still prefer to see some action in real time. Hell, they could even try bullet time with Batman moving fast or what not. The fight scenes, while they didn't bother me, were all very blurry. The fights against goons, I can understand but the end fight with Ducard? No need for that close up action.

10. Will Scarlet

Will Scarlet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +250
    Fair point. I guess he just decided to keep it in the same vain as the previous fight scenes, but I'd agree that in this case he might have taken a step back. Confines of the train, climax of the film and one on one with the main villain. Got to watch it again now, as after two viewings I can't quite remember the final fight scene.

11. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,820
    I thought the fight scenes were very well done. Doing a bullet time effect would have been crap. Sure it would look good but it has been done so many times in other films (plus on TV).

12. partyweb

partyweb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529
    I thought the college hallway locker scene in Spiderman 1 was a good way of showing the hero's speed when fighting.

13. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fair points on the fight scenes Will I see what you are getting at....still im glad Bruce Lee didnt decide to use the idea lol

14. Will Scarlet

Will Scarlet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +250
    I understand completely Lionheart, but Bruce was real!! Batman is a comic book hero:) For example, I've seen people criticise Sin City for its lack of realism, for instance at the beginning of 'The Hard Goodbye' episode, Marv jumping down the stairwell, of course there are many others examples in this episode. Or same idea at the beginning of 'The Big Fat Kill' when Dwight jumps about 4 stories to the ground unhurt. They are comic book adaptations of comic book characters, they don't exist in the real world, hence real world rules don't apply. Obvious I know but suprising how many people apply real world physics/ideas to such adaptations. Silly rabbits;-)

15. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well of course... Im the last one to argue with poetic licence in films but I think we could be drifting off the point...I thought the fight scenes could have been handled better...I wasnt thinking about the pros and cons of comic book adaptations...I just wanted to see the fights a little more clearly lol

16. Will Scarlet

Will Scarlet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +250
    Sorry Lionheart I got a little carried away;-) Point well made and taken.

17. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you Will.....yours to were well made...I will look at the film in a different way and be less critical on the fights...ps..btw its nice to meet you Will, it was fun talking about the film...I actually really didnt think about it in the way you mention

18. Will Scarlet

Will Scarlet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +250
    Nice to meet you too Lionheart. Yes, it was fun. Sorry I got a little carried away there;-) Talk to you soon I hope.

19. The_kUrGaN

The_kUrGaN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Well I stand by what I said. Yes, I understand about what the Director was trying to convey with the fight scenes, however I find blurry, chaotic fight scenes difficult and frustrating to watch. The conveyance of speed and stealth can be conveyed in a much less extreme way, and still make the point without leaving the audience dizzy. :eek: