Michael Jackson : verdict reached

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Live on BBC24 at the moment. Jacko's on his way to the courthouse to hear the verdict eta sometime in the next hour most likely.

I must admit I don't envy him at the moment, can't imagine what it's like to be in that situation, especially if he is innocent.

Verdict due in 9 minutes or so.

Verdit is: not guilty on all charges.

Now that wasn't a surprise was it?

Not guilty for any offence :eek:

I thought the OJ decision was odd... :rolleyes:

Amazing what you can get away with if you have the right connections.

Wasn't expecting that. Thought he'd just get the lesser charge.

I thought he'd get the lesser charges too. Still not sure whether I think he's totally innocent or not - one of those things that we'll never know I suppose. I still think though that being friendly and so close to children at his age and time in his life (not matter how innocent the friendships are) is wrong, and in one way quite sad.

He was a musical genuis in his time, but over the years he's become more and more eccentric. I think its time that he takes himself out of the public eye as much as he can now.

wise words smelly....and as none of us will ever know the truth....other than the fact he is loop the ****ing loop........lets hope this doesn't turn into a circuitous multi-page thread chaps and chapesses.

the jury did not believe one word of the any of the witnesses and thought jackson was a victim of this family. I do too just by following this trial watching every witness just all lies. the family have already tried to get money off just about every celebrity in the united states, jackson was an easy target and even easier after the martin bashir documentry aired. They lied in other law suits to get money and the children were told to lie in them too (also sexual abuse). it was a unaminous decision and really only one outcome in the end.

There was no real evidence and all the prosecution witnesses had :either now or in the past , something to gain by a guilty verdict.

No evidence , no case even on the lesser charges.

I'm not a Michael Jackson fan but its a good thing that this has happened . You can't convict someone on the basis of hear say.

the jury did not believe one witness, every witness had either tryed to sue mj in the past or been sacked by him. the whole thing was a joke

Can't believe he got found not guilty on all charges!!

I for one am pleased.

I've followed the case fairly closely since it began and have not once been convinced by any of the prosecution's evidence. I'm amazed the prosecution even proceeded to trial given the amount of real evidence (and not hearsay) they actually submitted...

As much as I fail to understand Michael Jackson's fascination with children (and the decisions he takes with regard to those children), I do feel that he has always been open about his relationships with them. Given the facts that have been made available I think justice has been served.

I sincerely hope that he'll now he'll be left in peace for a while to begin piecing his life back together. I can't imagine what he's been through over the past few months.

K.

I have to say that I too think this was the right verdict.He may be weird,naive and not the kind of person you would want your children sleeping with,but there are no laws about any of those failings.I wonder if the courts will now look at the behaviour of his accusers?

phillfyspoon said:
the jury did not believe one word of the any of the witnesses and thought jackson was a victim of this family. I do too just by following this trial watching every witness just all lies. the family have already tried to get money off just about every celebrity in the united states, jackson was an easy target and even easier after the martin bashir documentry aired. They lied in other law suits to get money and the children were told to lie in them too (also sexual abuse). it was a unaminous decision and really only one outcome in the end.

Thats my thots also.

I dont believe that he helps himself sometimes by getting so close to the kids around him but I do not believe that he has done what he has been accused of.

On the face of things... I cant believe that this case made it too court... the judge must have been thinking what was going on when no real evidence was given. Everyday of the trial I expected the prosecution to bring something/ someone out of the blue that would seal the case for them... but they didnt.

As people have said before... a case built on hearsay... I would only imagine that the lawyers in charge of the prosecution must feel as though they have egg on their face!!

Well I always though he may have done something’s we may not do but did not make him guilty of the charges, he may prefer the company of children, but some people have the house full of cats but it does not mean they are into bestiality.

BUT would you let your child have a sleep over with wacko

No, but then I'd be hard pushed to let her sleep over with many people anyway.

MJ is definately odd. However, you can't convict a person for crimes they didn't do just because they are odd.

A book and it's cover and all that.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom