1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michael Jackson on tv

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Dr.Magus, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Magus

Dr.Magus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did anyone else see it?

I can't believe he still shares his bed with other people's kids. http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/what the fudge.gif

2. minimad

minimad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only caught up with bits of it, but I thought he'd said he "still shares his room with kids. Not quite the same thing, but bad enough.

3. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very interesting programme, made me realise that it's totally unfair for anyone to judge Jackson as his life has been so completely different than anything we could experience.

For what it's worth, I genuinely think he cares for people and would not/does not harm or abuse them (at any age). And as for that dangling his baby stunt... you've never seen kids in their parents cars without any form of restraint around them? That's just as dangerous (if not more so), most people have probably done it but nobody pays any attention.

Is it really so odd that he desparately wants to remain a child seeing as his life was basically taken away from him and ended at age 6 years old?

4. figrin_dan

figrin_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Exactly what I thought juboy

5. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    My views after watching last nights programme

Musical Genius - Yes, Thriller alone puts him in this category

Mental illness - Yes, wouldn't you have with a dad like that ?

Paedophile - really not sure, I think he's just trying to reinact his childhood without the 'messed up bits' i.e. children sleeping over are substitutes for when he used to share a room with his brothers (until they started shagging their girlfriends in front of him)

Nice guy who genuinly cares for people - Yes, theres a lot of love there

Good father - honestly, I don't think he is - he obviously loves them very much but I think he doing them a great deal of harm, maybe a more subtle version of the abused becoming the abuser

6. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    He was a bit weird. But the poor bloke was again mistreated, the guy who did the interview again showed how he worms his way into people then subtly rips them apart.

Case in point was the end of one part he talked about the German award ceremonies. Then just before the adverts came on, he says ohhhh I remembered another thing from Neverland, Jacko slept with a 12 year old child.

There was no context for that comment, and was only to try and shock. I switched off after that, cos I never really get bothered about watching "famous" people. I would rather watch a documentary about someone who did something useful :p

7. bh

bh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Agreed, at the start, Bashir was acting like a poor man's Louis Theroux; "show me how to moonwalk ... oh it's impossible".

The programme left me feeling slightly sorry for MJ, but it's clear that there is no-one around in his entourage that are giving him good advice on PR and his public image (although he might not care).

8. Ricardo

Ricardo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I actually thought it was all quite sad. Personally I don't think he's a paedophile just a poor, sad misguided individual. Given his childhood I guess it's hardly surprising. That said, the children sleeping in his room is bound to raise eyebrows.

What concerns me is that people who didn't see the programme will read the papers and get a false impression. I suspect much will be misquoted or quoted out of context and I don't think that's fair.

9. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very well said Ricardo. Jackson went to great lengths to state that he did NOT sleep with the boy, he slept in the same room but that was it, not even in the bed.

Also, I think it's true that Jackson doesn't see 'going to bed' as sexual and, in some ways, his comments that others who do just see it that way are a little sad themselves did have some resonance to it.

Y'know what, if I was that kid's parents and I'd been told he was going to die for sure and then the friendship with Jackson (in some way might have) helped rid him of cancer, I'd be thinking the guy was the best thing in the world. Better to let your young son sleep over at Neverland than not have your son at all...

10. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    okay, so we can understand the plastic surgery, the behaviour with his own children, and his 'sleepovers'...

...but what about those crap records - what's that all about ? :smoke:

11. Achy

Achy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I started off feeling sorry for him, his childhood sounded very difficult and then seeing him climb the tree in his garden I thought "He's not so bad"....

But out of NeverLand he was different, was he on speed on something ?!?!

He just seemed manic, I dont know if this was just him hyped up but he seemed hyper !

Did you see him feeding the baby ? Bouncing it on his knee, whilst almost choking it with netting and trying to stuff a bottle in it's mouth. :eek:

And as for...."I love children and there's not enough family love and parents dont care about their kids, and dont even eat together anymore"....Saying this whilst holding hands with a 12 year old boy.......I couldnt help thinking....Where are your children now Michael ? Why haven't we seen you playing with your children ? Eating with your children !?

A very strange man indeed.

12. Adders

Adders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "He's a nutbag ..."

13. adox

adox
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i had to laugh when he said he got the nose job to improve his voice. i don`t remember mickey mouse ever getting a nose job.:laugh: :laugh:

14. pendulum

pendulum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Must agree with pakehurst.

I felt rather sorry for him at the start, but some of his behaviour near the end was a little odd to say the least. I think him feeding the baby, all covered up was a bit disturbing - the child seemed a tad frightened to me.

15. Ian Cox

Ian Cox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did feel sorry for the guy, can you imagine being 8 and one of the most famous people in the world and then this continuing for the rest of your life, it must screw you up big time. It also sounded like his father gave him a really hard time as a child and he ended up living his childhood as an adult. I guess this is why he is now living his life as a child, but one with huge amounts of money in the bank so he can get anything he wants.

If any of us acted like he does then we would end up in a mental institute but because of the money he can get away with all this crazy sh*t. I do feel sorry for his children though and I think they will probably end up being very disturbed people. Did you see that bit when they went to the zoo, his children were in so much danger but all Jackson wanted to do was to see the Gorillas he just had no concept of what was going on around him.

I also agree with what has been said here I do not think he is a paedophile but there is something wrong with a 44 year old man who is friends with a 12 year old. But he is such a non-sexual person that paedophilia probably does not even cross his brain in the fantasy world he lives in, whereas we are all very cynical in the world we live in.

Just shows you though what fame and success can do to you when taken to the extreme. I for one am glad that I'm not famous.

16. adox

adox
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think his biggest mistake was settling the court case ten years ago out of court.
    if he is innocent, and i have no reason to think he isn`t, it was the worst thing to do, as it might stop the court action, but it will never stop the whispers, the press, and peoples doubts.

a strange man indeed.

17. Ricardo

Ricardo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    QUOTE]Y'know what, if I was that kid's parents and I'd been told he was going to die for sure and then the friendship with Jackson (in some way might have) helped rid him of cancer, I'd be thinking the guy was the best thing in the world. Better to let your young son sleep over at Neverland than not have your son at all...[/QUOTE]

Very true but I wonder how many cash registers are going off in this kids parents heads when they realise that a multi millionaire wants to help their son or at least improve the quality of the rest of the kid's life. Couldn't help feeling cynical when they were talking about the cancer disappearing

18. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    agree with everything said by ricardo & juboy

i think MJ's observations of mankinds attitude to each other was spot on.

dean

19. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    I think his idealism is so miss guided. If we all took his advice and let our kids go on sleep overs with uncles and so on, I think in reality it would be open season for the real paedophilise. Its just throwing your kids in temptasions way. Most abused kids are victims of family members, the people we should trust most. Thats how they get away with it.

20. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    I dont think its changed as much over the years as people think. People these days make much more of it than say 50 years ago when everything was hush hush behind closed doors. Now every one wants to know whos doing what to who within a fifty mile radius of where they live.

Micheal Jackson just cant see, every one else apart from himself lives in the real world.

How come his kids are so white anyway?

21. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You really think so? You really think it's that clear cut? To lesser or greater degrees, we ALL live in our own worlds. Michael Jackson is just more honest and overt about the fact that he lives in a world of his own design. Because of his position and wealth, he's able to make real what he wants to be real.

Think of it this way, if any of us won £10 million on the lottery tomorrow, would we not instantly seek to shape a life and world around us that would be different to how we would continue to live otherwise? To answer 'no' to that question would be naive in the extreme.

We all have dreams, which by definition are of a more fanciful or seemingly unobtainable life... Michael Jackson has just been fortunate/unfortunate enough to make his dreams come true.

22. ditton15

ditton15
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This 44 year-old man is good at his job - being an entertainer. and he has been at the top of that business for over 30 years.

But his behaviour and values seem greatly at odds with what I expect from a 44 year old man. He is far from a role model, and his behaviour in the shop (I've bought that, and that, and ....) suggested arrested development and absolutely no sense of judgement - of any kind.

He may want to remain child-like, and may even be child-like, but that's no recommendation when it comes to the care of children, whether they are his own (bought through some deal with woman willing to be a surrogate mother) or those of another parent.

All that said, I did have some sympathy for him with respect to his own stolen childhood. And I do think that he is a class act when it comes to his job.

... still think he's a sad and pathic example of what fame and celebrity can do to someone - and every care should be taken to ensure that he does not screw up the lives of the children who come his way.

:(

23. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,113
    I've got two children and like most fathers these days its normal to take a role in feeding , changing and generally looking after said sprogs. Certainly I know that I've got a much more involved role in this capacity than my own father had in caring for myself and my brother in the past.

I tell you what though I reckon that was the first time MJ has EVER fed a baby a bottle , somewhat ironic considering its supposedly number 3 and his oft repeated refrain of how much he loves children. He seems to exhibit scant familiarity with his own.

At the zoo with the mob around he didn't have a clue where his kids were and... it didn't seem to bother him.

Pitying someone for their past tribulations is one thing but the vast majority of people rarely remain shackled to their past negative experiences and I personally regard a major part of being a responsible adult and parent is to actively and conciously resist attaching your own neurosis (neurosi??) to your children.

24. Dr.Magus

Dr.Magus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's his own children i feel sorry for as they have no contact with their mothers and their father is intent on making them part of his 'fantasy world'. He has no idea how much damage he'll be doing to them.

When he was feeding his son he looked like he'd never done it before. The poor little mite was terrified and having a veil forced over his little face can't have helped.

25. Dr.Magus

Dr.Magus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with you, Mr. D.

It looked as if his children were just more 'things' for him to play with when he felt like it.

26. Sgt.Colon

Sgt.Colon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did not see the program but whatever anyone says I do pity the poor guy.

27. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    My opinion of MJ before seeing the program was that he was a freak, but after seeing it last night, my opinion has totaly changed:

From what I saw Mj had a very hard childhood, what with his father beating and taunting him, not being the same as every other child his age, which i thin has a great impact on a child at later stages in there life.

With regards to his comments about letting kids share his room/bed, I can see the point of the press, and come to think of it everyone else I have talked to about it, but what if he is being perfectly honest. which I believe he was.

Before I carry on a quick question to all of the fathers and mothers out there, if your sibling falls and say scuffs there knee, what is the first thing you do????? 10 - 1 you response would be give them a hug?

I think that this is similar to what MJ was saying last night children need love and affection, which by letting them come to his house and playing with them, is in theory what he is doing.

Although on the flipside I would not let my children do it, if I had any.

The stuff about only having 2 facelifts to allow him to hit higher notes has got to be a lie? his whole facial structure has changed, OK you can put some of that down to growing up, but come on.

On another point how cool would it be to have your own fairground in your back garden:eek:

28. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    About the same as having a freak show?

29. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: