Michael Jackson Biopic (TBC) directed by Antoine Fuqua

"From Bohemian Rhapsody producers"

Bound to be a hard hitting, truthful exposé of Jackson's life - child abuse 'controversy' and all. I'm sure the estate would be cool with that.
It'll be handled with the same tact and grace as the handling of Freddie Mercury's sexuality.

Oh, what's that? They're going to whitewash over that bit of his life?

Shocked.jpg

Michael Jackson was convicted of being a paedo? I must have missed that in the news.

Neither was Jimmy Saville.

If you want to continue to enjoy his music, go right ahead, that's something that's personal to you.
But coming to terms with the transgressions is always preferable to burying your head in the sand.

But Jimmy was found guilty?

Despite the fact that the DoH found that he had committed the offenses, he was neither 'found guilty' nor 'convicted' as these are legal terms which cannot be applied posthumously.
The evidence the DoH used to reach their conclusion was purely credible witness testimony.
Testimony of exactly the type that has since come out against Jackson.

Those who don't want to believe the allegations are the same people who prevent these high profile perpetrators from coming to justice while they are still alive.

Those who don't want to believe the allegations are the same people who prevent these high profile perpetrators from coming to justice while they are still alive.

It might help if you don't throw accusations around. I said he hasn't been found guilty. You are not a prosecutor, do not have you first hand testimony or access to case files.

If credible witness come forward and a proper care built against him, then it's great for victims to get justice. And then I will form an opinion. I don't form an opinion on what iv see in the tabloids.

So that's why so many radio stations around the world have stopped playing his music, because he's completely innocent.
As innocent as O.J. Simpson..

Neither was Jimmy Saville.

If you want to continue to enjoy his music, go right ahead, that's something that's personal to you.
But coming to terms with the transgressions is always preferable to burying your head in the sand.
With Jimmy Saville, once the allegations came out into the mainstream there was a tidal wave of victims that came forward to tell their story. The overwhelming number of testimonies from victims made it pretty improbable that the allegations weren’t true.

I’ve not really been following the Michael Jackson allegations, but since the Neverland documentary, I haven’t really heard of other victims coming forward to tell their story.
He had the means & the access, so if he was a paedophille who preyed on his young fans, wouldn’t there be lots of people coming forward now (as per Jimmy Saville?). Not saying he wasn’t, but it’s not as ‘slam dunk case closed’ as Saville was for me.

I still believe in innocent until proven guilty even if the rest of society seems to have abandoned it since #metoo/ #timesup/ #believewomen.

I've not seen Leaving Neverland which I've heard presents a compelling case against him- perhaps I'd feel different if I saw that. But I've read some people have discredited it including people who were kids themselves when they knew him. Also I've read that the accusers changed their testimony. I still think there's enough reasonable doubt that I dont want to judge just yet. I hope it isn't true. If it is, then I too will turn my back on the man.

So that's why so many radio stations around the world have stopped playing his music, because he's completely innocent.

In fairness radio stations aren't the ones determining guilt or innocence, they are reacting out of self preservation and a desire to distance themselves from the controversy. The accusation is damning enough. Noone wants their listeners tuning out because an accused or perceived pedophile got airtime.

I still believe in innocent until proven guilty even if the rest of society seems to have abandoned it since #metoo/ #timesup/ #believewomen.

I've not seen Leaving Neverland which I've heard presents a compelling case against him- perhaps I'd feel different if I saw that. But I've read some people have discredited it including people who were kids themselves when they knew him. Also I've read that the accusers changed their testimony. I still think there's enough reasonable doubt that I dont want to judge just yet. I hope it isn't true. If it is, then I too will turn my back on the man.

In fairness radio stations aren't the ones determining guilt or innocence, they are reacting out of self preservation and a desire to distance themselves from the controversy. The accusation is damning enough. Noone wants their listeners tuning out because an accused or perceived pedophile got airtime.

Watch Leaving Neverland and look into previous payouts he made. I believe that the guy was sexual predator but did it in the privacy of the Neverland ranch making it very hard to prove or disprove his actions other than the testimony of the now grown-up former MJ worshipping children.
It'll all come out eventually. Either way I won't be payng to see any airbrushed movie about him.

I think this is taking stuff too far as said in the past if O.J had been found guilty of murder would every movie he was in banned or just thought of a more recent one Harvey Weinstein are all companies and TV stations going to pull his films/products.
Not only pulling stuff can hurt the perpetrator but also other involved with the product also your editing curtail.
I understand the BBC pulled a lot of repeats of Top of the Pops because of artist and DJs being convicted of crimes but that also stopped some of the royalties to others artist who were on the show who were innocent also denied me seeing some artist then may have been on the show only once etc.

Last edited:
I think this is taking stuff too far as said in the past if O.J had been found guilty of murder would every movie he was in banned or just thought of a more recent one Harvey Weinstein are all companies and TV stations going to pull his films/products.
Not only pulling stuff can hurt the perpetrator but also other involved with the product also your editing culture.
I understand the BBC pulled a lot of repeats of Top of the Pops because of artist and DJs being convicted of crimes but that also stopped some of the royalties to were on the show who were innocent also denied me seeing some artist then may have been on the show only once etc.
It's definitely a 'no right answer' situation.

It's definitely a 'no right answer' situation.
I use to listen to Paul Gambaccini radio program and that was pulled because of allegations that turned out to be false. The BBC should have backed him but instead they use the adage guilty till proven innocent. :nono:

Agreed.

I do think however that the uncertainty one way of the other makes the idea of a biopic a bit dubious. As @QuestShield says, they would have to airbrush out the whole thing in order to make it palatable. And that just wouldn't sit well with people.

Shame as without this issue Jackson would have made for a really interesting and potentially thrilling biopic.

Shame as without this issue Jackson would have made for a really interesting and potentially thrilling biopic.
So Long as it's not BAD:rolleyes::laugh:

I couldn’t care less what Michael Jackson was or wasn’t, but I’m sure he’s lead an amazingly fascinating life that could make a really good film, and I’d certainly go and watch it.

Or are we saying there shouldn’t be any films about bad people? Does that include Hitler because of what he did? Perhaps Downfall shouldn’t have ever been made?

I couldn’t care less what Michael Jackson was or wasn’t, but I’m sure he’s lead an amazingly fascinating life that could make a really good film, and I’d certainly go and watch it.

Or are we saying there shouldn’t be any films about bad people? Does that include Hitler because of what he did? Perhaps Downfall shouldn’t have ever been made?
I think you’re missing the point. As others have said it’s the tone/possible whitewashing of controversial parts of his life story that may be problematic.

There are rightly lots of films that include Hitler, but you’ll have to tell me which ones portray him as the ‘hero’ who united Germany after WW1...or do they all follow a similar tone/approach, (rightly) showing his evil?

That’s why a MJ biopic may be problematic as there is clearly an elephant in the room for many...

Yeah absolutely no way this will address the issues regarding his relationship with children.

I doubt it would contain anything controversial at all.

I think you’re missing the point. As others have said it’s the tone/possible whitewashing of controversial parts of his life story that may be problematic.

There are rightly lots of films that include Hitler, but you’ll have to tell me which ones portray him as the ‘hero’ who united Germany after WW1...or do they all follow a similar tone/approach, (rightly) showing his evil?

That’s why a MJ biopic may be problematic as there is clearly an elephant in the room for many...

This exactly.

I can't imagine Rocketman or Bohemian Rhapsody would have the same impact if they ended on accusations of them being kiddie fiddlers. It might kinda spoil the mood.

It wouldn't worry me if they miss out the accusation parts of his life and just make a film about his music life. It could be a brilliant film as there's surely an amazing story to tell. Perhaps focussing on his early life leading up to him becoming the superstar he became.

Worldwide distribution rights snapped up by Lionsgate.
The Departed Oscar winning producer Graham King will produce with the co-executors of the Michael Jackson estate, John Branca and John McClain. King and John Logan previously collaborated on Martin Scorsese’s The Aviator. Logan also wrote Ridley Scott’s Best Picture winner Gladiator.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom