MICHAEL J. POLLARD

systemsdead

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
R.I.P Another great character actor as died age 80 Nov 21
Appeared in film like Bonnie & Clyde , Hannibal Brooks, Star Trek tv show, Countless films and TV shows.
Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 18.18.20.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 18.22.30.png

Sad news indeed.

I first watched Pollard in Hannibal Brooks many years ago (supporting Beneath the Planet of the Apes - remember those days?) and thoroughly enjoyed his performance. I also liked him in Roxanne. Although he was hardly a household name, I feel that he enhanced those films he appeared in.

I remeber him in Miri the episode in Star Trek and was one of the most annoying performances I seen which in this case was good as the character was supposed to be. It was year later when he was in Bonnie and Clyde and nominated for an Oscar for his role in it.
I do rember him in many more things for a non leading role actor was instantly recognisable.

R.I.P. Micheal

He appeared in so many films and TV productions he seemed to be everywhere during the 1970s - my favourite Michael J Pollard film is probably ' Dirty Little Billy ' 1972 though I enjoyed each of this most consistent of actors' performances .

Tango and cash is the film i remember him from.

RIP

Attachments

• 13951-18946.jpg
    13951-18946.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 175
Sad to hear of his passing, I remember enjoying many of his performances when I was younger. Condolences (and more comforting words) to the family he has left behind and others he has inspired, but his talent will be discovered by more thanks to technology.

So many films what an unforgettable looking actor he was, he had one of those faces once seen never forgotten a great actor. Miri wasn't the best episode of Star Trek ever made & strangely enough Michael J. Pollard was 27 when he played Jahn.

RIP

Michael J Fox added the 'J' in tribute to him.

RIP.

One of the small number of actors who succeeded despite not fitting the usual mould.

RIP Michael J Pollard
Beside Star Trek MIRI I remember him from a Episode of Lost in Space Original Series.
Not sure of the Episode but it was the one with the Mirror and him ringing the bell.
Many more Films Michael was in and have in my collection .
I will feel sad when watching and think of another good Actor that has passed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom