Michael Bay " No Transformers 2 for me "

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbs2

Banned
I'm not the only one slightly P****D off then
bay.jpg

How much backlash is there going to be ??

EDIT> Michael Bay Himself..... LINK

Sonic67

Banned
A little while ago Michael Bay was being derided over Pearl Harbour. Even attacked with spoof films featuring puppets. Now he's Ridley Scott. Transformers is all about big fighting robots, put a decent director in there and see what happens.

Adam1980

Great- they can get a decent director on it.

If he would turn down $15m because he loves BD so much then he is the dumbest man on the planet.

I call bull ****

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
:rotfl::rotfl:

Given the amount of money they will throw at him the chances of MB saying no to Transformers 2 just because it won't get released on BD are as good as Mourinho, Wenger and Ferguson having a friendly dinner together.

KevD

Distinguished Member
I love Micheal Bay films and I really enjoyed Transformers.

However, he is not going to not to be involved because of Paramounts decision.

Even in December with a big title like this, the Hi-Def sales will be tiny compared DVD and it may be the first title to sell a million.

Over the Christmas holiday the DVD of Transformers is going to sell what, a few million at least?

If he does would have to agree hes a bit of a fool, and as has been mentioned I dont think the follow up will suffer with a new director :)

domtheone

Distinguished Member
A little while ago Michael Bay was being derided over Pearl Harbour. Even attacked with spoof films featuring puppets. Now he's Ridley Scott. Transformers is all about big fighting robots, put a decent director in there and see what happens.

:rotfl::rotfl:

I mentioned replacing him with Ridley Scott on another threat:D

Maybe, assuming Paramount have read Bay's outburst, they could issue a statement confirming Transformers 2 is scheduled for 2009 (eg) and that a new, exciting Director is going to be coming on board.:D

Sure they'd be a queue of Directors that would give their right arm at the chance on this one.

Frankly, i'd take several Directors over Bay for T2 anyway.

His outburst is just laughable and as long as there will be a T2, absolutely nothing to worry about.

FOXCLOSE

What did he say that is so wrong?

Paramount have stabbed BD fans in the back, and he is just saying that is plain wrong and making a bit of a statement.

He's not favoring any format.

Adam1980

What did he say that is so wrong?

Paramount have stabbed BD fans in the back, and he is just saying that is plain wrong and making a bit of a statement.

He's not favoring any format.

Typical

He is saying he would not direct TF just because its not out on BD.

The man is either a moron or a liar.

D

Deleted member 92943

If this deal with Paramount is only 18 months like mentioned in other threads because it will be 2 years before we Transformers 2 anyway

Adam1980

If this deal with Paramount is only 18 months like mentioned in other threads because it will be 2 years before we Transformers 2 anyway

That assumes the deal is not extended.

I cant see this being any factor at all in his decision. If indeed the studio want him to do it.

Razor

Distinguished Member
I dont believe this at all and I wont unless I see it coming from the Mr Bays own mouth.

If it is true he isn't irreplaceable.

I think this is bogus.

Razor

Distinguished Member
Check the link ......

A bit confused. I did check the link. Did I miss something. :confused:

I can only see a person posting on a forum (who could be anyone). Is there a link to a video file? :confused:

Bald Monkey

Distinguished Member
A bit confused. I did check the link. Did I miss something. :confused:

I can only see a person posting on a forum (who could be anyone). Is there a link to a video file? :confused:

Agreed it's all a bit of harmless fun, :smashin: but I believe this as much as I believe most internet rumours... :rolleyes:

Bald Monkey

Distinguished Member
What makes you think anything about this site is linked to Michale Bay ??

What makes me suspicious apart form the obvious is the file name of his avatar "Bay_sky_avatar.jpg" Now if you were bay would you call your avatar Bay or just avatar... It's not strong proof I admit, but it's better than any other proof that it is his offical statement... Which lets be honest that forum is a strange place to make offical press releases??

Anyhow... what does it matter, Parramount and Dreamworks have doen what they have, if a few million PS3 owners couldn't stop them how will a single director ??

Razor

Distinguished Member

Thats what I thought. Unless I Mr bay speak the words I wont believe it.

As Bald Monkey says if millions of PS3 owners and blueray player owners wont convince them. What will?

MrE26

What makes me suspicious apart form the obvious is the file name of his avatar "Bay_sky_avatar.jpg" Now if you were bay would you call your avatar Bay or just avatar... It's not strong proof I admit, but it's better than any other proof that it is his offical statement... Which lets be honest that forum is a strange place to make offical press releases?
That is his official website, he's posted there a few times, so the message is legit. I think he's just annoyed that Paramount have just denied a chunk of his fanbase the opportunity to see his latest movie in HD, along with the royalties that come with it. Let's face it, Transformers would have done huge numbers on BD this Xmas, PS3 owners would have lapped it up. I wonder if this will affect his participation in the DVD/HD-DVD release.

Spidey987

This was intended for the Spielberg thread but was closed before I could post it. It ties in with the Michael Bay situation, so I thought I could post it here...

Spielberg has no control over Close Encounters, it's literally the only movie that he doesn't. It's true that he's shot an exclusive introduction for the HD release but if the movie had been released by a neutral studio, you honestly think that it wouldn't have appeared on the HD DVD release as well?

I'm sure Spielberg loves Blu-ray. And I'm sure he loves HD DVD too. It might have something to with him loving people watching and buying his movies in the best quality possible.

That Michael Bay is ****** at Paramount has nothing to do with being a Blu-ray fan, any more than if the shoe had been on the other foot and Blu-ray had bought Paramount's exclusivity. He wants as many people as possible to see him movie and he doesn't want it used as a pawn in the HD war.

People need to get over this notion of directors loving a piece of a hardware. All Blu-ray or HD DVD is is a means to watch their movies, the actual technology is irrelevant. They just want as many people watching their movies as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

HiFi Rose announces all-in-one RS520 audio streamer
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware