Michael Apted

mikeybabes2

Distinguished Member
Hollywood Director and Documentary maker Michael Apted has passed away at the age of 79.

His film credits include the James Bond outing The World Is Not Enough, Gorillas in the Mist, Gorky Park, Enigma, The Chronicles of Narnia - Dawn Treader, and the groundbreaking 'UP' series of documentaries that chronicled the lives of a group of UK children every seven years for most of their lives.

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
Hollywood Director and Documentary maker Michael Apted has passed away at the age of 79.

His film credits include the James Bond outing The World Is Not Enough, Gorillas in the Mist, Gorky Park, Enigma, The Chronicles of Narnia - Dawn Treader, and the groundbreaking 'UP' series of documentaries that chronicled the lives of a group of UK children every seven years for most of their lives.

Apted also got a decent, serious performance from Hugh Grant in Extreme Measures - right in the middle of his Four Weddings and Notting Hill phase. More probably dislike than like this one but I also enjoyed Enough with J-Lo (way before the overt feminist/woke trend was a proper thing debated endlessly).

Drax1

Distinguished Member
Quite a legacy Mr Apted leaves. I always thought his Bond outing The World Is Not Enough was by far the best outing for Brosnan.

RIP

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
Quite a legacy Mr Apted leaves. I always thought his Bond outing The World Is Not Enough was by far the best outing for Brosnan.

RIP

I know its not thought of fondly so much now but I really enjoyed it in the cinema! The only letdown was that Carlyle wasn’t as good as I’d hoped given his record for villainous/psycho turns. Sophie Marceau was a stunning Bond girl.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom