Answered Mic Placement In My Living Room(Audyssey)

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by ionnyc55, Jul 4, 2015.

1. ionnyc55

ionnyc55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Ok so here is my living room, quite bloody awkward. Out of the numbered positions (in red), which one shall be my main listening position to use for the microphone? I have 6 positions max that my audyssey can process.

[​IMG]

I was thinking of using 3 as my main listening position for the audyssey as it was between both couches. NOTE: Both couches back onto walls.

So which one shall it be? Or shall I have a main listening position in either 4,1,3,9,6 and put the mic in all positions (max 6).

Thank you for your help.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by paulst10, Jul 5, 2015 (1 points)
  3. paulst10

paulst10
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,294
    Best Answer
    You really need to take the measurements in actual seating positions. Your first measurement is the most important as this sets distances & speaker levels and ideally this should be your seat :)

Seeing as though you have two seats and 6 measurements, if you have all seats occupied when watching a film then I'd take 3 measurements per seat, but if there's only yourself and your other half then I'd tend to base most of the measurements around the actual seating positions you occupy. Remember to keep the mic facing upwards and around head height :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List