miami vice u-control feature

almightygoodgod

Prominent Member
Reaction score
has anybody experienced problems with the miami vice u-control feature? everytime i activate the hd-dvd drive crashes and the 360 goes back to the dashboard.

Hope thats not a common problem. i got MV for xmas but have yet to test it out, i'll try it this evening and report back (if i remember)

Hope thats not a common problem. i got MV for xmas but have yet to test it out, i'll try it this evening and report back (if i remember)

So do I as I have not watched it yet!

Happened with me on Miami Vice yesterday too when I tried to access the U Control. It's the only disk I've had an issue with. Just come on here to have a lok and see if anyone else had the issue and obviously you have. Would be good to know if anyone has had it work on a 360 HD-DVD. Movie runs fine, it's just the extras.

Drennan

should have added that the movie works fine for me as well, it is just the u-control feature that seems to have problems

u control feature worked ok with me on my 360 drive, never watched the whole movie with it though, but i could access it and skip about the move and watched various parts of the ucontrol features. It necer cause the 360 to crash any time ucontrol was accessed.

Sometimes the feature worked on y add-on, sometimes it doesn't. But it is one of these things that you only use once.
But the feature on how they shot up that car with the big guns was very cool!
Now when I activate it it just comes up with an error blade and stops.

Mine crashed when I tried to access the U control via the main menu but when doing it through the film it was fine. odd.

Mine crashed when I tried to access the U control via the main menu but when doing it through the film it was fine. odd.

I've noticed now that mine only crashed when I tried to turn on the feature frm the start, it works fine when I turn it on while the film is running, lookslike that is the way to go. Not that much of a chore as I'm still at the stage where I'm impressed that you can bring up the menu while the film is still running, cooooooooooooool.:cool:

Reminds me of the not so good old days when certain DVDs wouldn`t play on certain machines (particularly disney iirc). Hopefully it`s going to be easier for MS to just release software patches this time than it was to sort out back then.

Reminds me of the not so good old days when certain DVDs wouldn`t play on certain machines (particularly disney iirc). Hopefully it`s going to be easier for MS to just release software patches this time than it was to sort out back then.

Well it's microsoft who wrote the code for the extras on HD DVD so hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Am having real problems with this disc. The movies stutters, skips frames and has lip synching issues every 2 mins or so. U control feature does same as you guys mention, sits in the corner of the screen doing nothing then crashes the disc. Not impressed... Kong and Corpse Bride run fine.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom