mi box 3 weird vpn issue

forthaven

turning to the knowledgeable folks here for help on this as i have tried so much.

summary : when my mi box 3 (perfect for 3+ years) connects to a vpn there is no internet connection.

long explanation :

i use expressvpn...which is perfect on phone / firesticks etc, all connected to same network as mi box.

mi box is on android 8 btw.

expressvpn support couldnt help (they are very good btw, really tried)....but...i also tried another vpn and same result, once connected no internet.

i have tried all the various vpn protocols, and used different versions of expressvpn app (including a very new beta version they emailed to me)

i have tried wifi connected 2.4ghz, 5ghz and wired to router...all tried with dhcp and static i.p with various dns services (google dns, opendns, 1.1.1.1 etc)...nothing works.

i have checked time and date on box and used network time both on and off and on again.

i have connected via wifi to my phone 4g hotspot, then turned on vpn and same, no internet

without vpn on internet is perfect on box on any connection.

dunno what else to try, i dont want to reset box if i can help it as i have side loaded apps on it and be a pain setting all up again.

i can't find any way on box to reset network settings, which i read is an option on android tv.

thanks in advance for any replies or advice.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom