MGS Rising (UK Release: 2011)

Satsui_Ryu

I was wondering how Kojima was going to differentiate Rising from Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry and the like, and I've got my answer, but now I can't figure out how it's going to work. Although I have every confidence that it will work, and play very well. I'm just kind of baffled by what appears to be full control over the sword - in movement. It definitely does look amazing though.

scanz

Distinguished Member
Love MGS and cannot wait for this now, is it early 2011? Do hope so :D

Billy Goodgun

Loved the first MGS, avoided the second, and had mixed opinions on the third. I never got round to playing MGS4, so I wasn't interested in Metal Gear: Rising at all.

And then I watched the trailer. The swordplay looks amazing! I'm in. And if I might be so bold as to suggest, even though they're leagues apart stylistically, it looks to me like the mechanics for the swordplay in this are very similar to those in Afro Samurai. If you've never played that, then let me assure you - that's a compliment :)

Spikester84

Novice Member
Kojima makes slicing people's legs off fun!

Game looks amazing, and I'm glad that he is trying something a little different/original with Metal Gear now, don't get me wrong, I love Snake and the MGS series, but something fresh is a welcome surprise.

Steve

SirGorilla

Wow, this looks fudging amazing! I've always had a soft spot for slo-mo moments in games :D.

In response to Billy Goodgun's post:

MGS: Loved it! Sniper Wolf's death really doesn't get enough credit for how emotional it is.
MGS2: Confusing plot, but a great game!
MGS3: I must have completed this game around forty times from March 2005 - August 2005 when I suddenly stopped playing it... Absolutely amazing game!
MGS4: I don't have a PS3, but I've watched every single cut-scene on YouTube (yes, slightly desperate) and it nearly made me shed a tear. It seems like the most emotional one, apart from the original, in my opinion.

Billy Goodgun

I must admit, after seeing that trailer for MGS: Rising, I'm now tempted to take a wander down the high street and buy MGS4 :smashin: I'm sure I could get a copy for under £20 now, which would almost certainly be worth it :) My only concern is that - having never played the second, and being so long since I played the other two - I'm not sure I'd get the full impact of the story and references back to the other games.

Spikester84

Novice Member
I must admit, after seeing that trailer for MGS: Rising, I'm now tempted to take a wander down the high street and buy MGS4 :smashin: I'm sure I could get a copy for under £20 now, which would almost certainly be worth it :) My only concern is that - having never played the second, and being so long since I played the other two - I'm not sure I'd get the full impact of the story and references back to the other games.
It would be better to have played MGS2, but really you know who Raiden is by now, and the story of MGS4 is epic, buy it, you won't regret it...... you know you wont ;)

Steve

jms_uk

Never fear mate.. Whilst not as comprehensive as playing through all the games for yourself.. Check out the kinky below. That should help :smashin:

Metal Gear Retrospective Video Game | Reviews, Trailers & Interviews | GameTrailers.com

Enjoy :)

majnu

I'm guessing this is the same game. Metal Gear Rising Revengeance with a speculated 2012 release date

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXNrnvDLZo4]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance World Premiere Trailer [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom